Gibson LP Gothic - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Gibson LP Gothic

I know this is an Ibanez forum but I was wondering if anyone has tried or has heard one of these. For those that dont know what it is it's basically an lp studio w/an ebony fingerboard, moon and star inlay at the 12th fret and all black(the way black should be). Most pictures dont do it justice but I found some that do just follow the link to eBay and type in gibson les paul gothic and it will take you to the auction. Thanks in advance for any help given.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 06:28 PM

Reviews: 5
Gibson LP Gothic

I've heard and tried them out. *They play like any other Gibson. *Pretty fat neck profile and medium radius. *I don't care for small frets, and I require 24 so I'm not a fan of them. *Additionally, I've always thought the Gothic idea was pretty damn silly. *Makes me wonder if Gibson just had a ton of guitars with botched paint jobs? *Like maybe the sunburst laquers went bad on a couple runs and they had to find a way to recover some of their losses? *Either that, or somebody really thinks there's enough folks out there who like flat black.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Gibson LP Gothic

Cool, anyone else have anything to add. Personally the only thing that I would change that you named are the small frets. I have always wanted a guitar with satin black finish so imo thats a plus. Does the ebony fretboard make it sound better, worse or no different.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 11:07 AM

Gibson LP Gothic

I tried it.... all i can say is....If you want a les paul get a standard.The gothic version not only sucked, but come on who wants to have a "gothic" guitar...How lame is that?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 12:46 PM

Gibson LP Gothic

No more lame than a green guitar with pink pickups and pyramids disappearing down the neck...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 01:32 PM

Gibson LP Gothic

Ryan, that must be your day. This is your second answer I liked today.

Gothic LP? Yes, I'm a Gibson fan. I love their flat fretted, fat, smaller sclaed necks and the sound of mahogany. LP is the ultimate mahogany axe. Sorry, I love my universe but a LP is LP and nothing comes close to it's feel.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 07:36 AM
edo

Gibson LP Gothic

This is only my opinion
If you want the real LP, go get the Historic Reissue.....
No other LP models can come close to that.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 01:58 PM

Gibson LP Gothic

You must be meaning the price... :sarcasm:
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 10:10 PM

Gibson LP Gothic

Quote:
Quote: from Noodles on 10:28 pm on Jan. 29, 2001
Cool, anyone else have anything to add. Personally the only thing that I would change that you named are the small frets. I have always wanted a guitar with satin black finish so imo thats a plus. Does the ebony fretboard make it sound better, worse or no different.
This Gibson is a great deal! Mahoghany body, ebony fingerboard (great playability), black hardware and 490T and 498T pickups. I really like Les Pauls and this one is a very good guitar for those classic rock stuff! Just plug it *into a Marshall head, crank it up and you'll feel it with your own ears!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 06:40 PM

Gibson LP Gothic

I'll say this, If I only played rhythm or didn't need more than 12 frets, Gibson would be THE way to go. *But once you get past the 12 fret, you have to fight the thing. *Not cool.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 10:01 PM

Gibson LP Gothic

I know this will get some negative response because you all think goth finishes suck, but here goes... I would like to see how an ibanez RG7621 with a gibson gothic finish on it would look... I'd like it.

(Edited by Y2KoRn at 9:08 pm on Feb. 6, 2001)
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2001, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Gibson LP Gothic

I'm with you 100% on that, I would love to see a an rg76xx with a satin black finish, black chrome hardware, mahogany body, ebony fingerboard w/the moon and star inlay or even the word gothic on the 12th fret,blaze in the bridge, maybe a a paf7 in the neck, matching headstock and right now I would not even mind if it were a fixed bridge( just changed the string gauges on my 550 and 7620). What a sweet guitar that would be.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2001, 03:03 AM

Gibson LP Gothic

They did make a 7621 with a satin black finish. They made 12 of them and they were being billed as a Wes Whatever-his-name-is-from-Limp-Bizkit signature model.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2001, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

Gibson LP Gothic

They should make it a normal model. Thats one guy who does not deserve a signature model. He said he quit playing seven strings for two reason, first he got tired of rg7 guitars and second because he was not good enough. Then he gets made out to be a good guitar player and Head and Munky are still treated like they don't know what there doing. Not to mention his band gets worse with every album. Also their is some dumbass on ebay trying to sell a gax70 I think signed by Wes for $500. I'm not saying he is a bad guitar player I'm just saying he is made out to be more than he is.Ok I'm done.

Tags
chrome hardware , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , fixed bridge , gibson les paul , les paul , les pauls , mahogany body , string gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode