Gibson LP Vs PRS standard satin - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:00 PM

Re: Gibson LP Vs PRS standard satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Are they really THAT nice!?
The Carvin CT6? Yeah, they are really nice. Like I said, if you get the tung oiled neck it is right there with a rosewood neck PRS, and waaay less cash. With the standard finish neck I like the PRS better, but they're still close. The pickups are close too, maybe I'm just more familiar with the PRS pickups than the Carvin pickups. But the Carvin is a solid guitar, no question, and definitely worth consideration. Plus, as you already know, you get your choice of 3 fretboard woods, stainless frets, and all the other Carvin options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Are they really THAT nice!?
absolutely
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post
absolutely
After reading all the good reviews about the Carvin CT-6, I decided to go to there site and do a mock custom build. I cant believe that after I was all said and done with all the upgrades it still only came out to about 2k. The finishes are just beautiful!!!! Now if I can get my hands on one to try it, if I like it I might just have to get one.

Any idea as to what the lead time is on custom models???
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 11:19 PM

My 727 took about 3 months, but I think they usually take about 10 weeks I believe. The 727 was absolutly worth the wait
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 11:58 PM

Mine took 3 month to build, they now have a ton more options since they have the new website. Mine was build with a maple fretboard, no inlays, stainless steel frets, tung oiled neck, wilkinson trem, gold hardware and with case i think i paid 18something.

I believe if there would be a PRS with these options it would easily be in the 3.5k range. I will change the pickups one day to a set of Dragons just to see how that sounds.

I will order myself another one shortly, just a blonde with an ebony board. Finish is as good as on my PRS, overall built quality is very nice.

Tags
beautiful guitar , custom models , custom shop , custom shop gibson , ebony board , fretboard wood , guitar shop , les paul , les pauls , maple fret , maple fretboard , neck finish , prs guitar , prs guitars , rosewood neck , stainless frets , stainless steel frets , steel frets , stomp box , strap lock , strap locks , tung oil , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode