Gibson robot Les Paul... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Gibson robot Les Paul...

http://www.gibson.com/robotguitar/index.html

This actually seems pretty cool, tunes itself and helps you out with restringing and intonation too. take a look
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 PM

Re: Gibson robot Les Paul...

With a 5 digit price tag no doubt.
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 PM

other boards are saying $12K
post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 09:39 PM

That thing is crazy...that would be super convenient, but convenience is not worth 12K in my book. Not at this stage in the game, anyway.
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

my kingdom for an edge pro that tunes itself...
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 10:11 PM

Another stupid idea form a company becoming increasingly known for its stupidity...... anyone remember the upside down Flying V that was guitar of the week a while ago?
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 10:11 PM

Reviews: 18

I read on cnet today that the price was going to be more like 2500 bucks but the pictures looked nothing like the ones on the gibson site, check them out:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6218396.html

Jimmy
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 10:23 PM

But will it make you dinner? Or give you a massage? I'd rather tune the guitar myself while it's making me a sandwich . . .
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
I read on cnet today that the price was going to be more like 2500 bucks but the pictures looked nothing like the ones on the gibson site, check them out:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6218396.html

Jimmy
I think that things been around for a while. It looks like the $800 tuning system they had in the late 90s. You could store multiple tunnings and call them up by pressing different buttons. A cool idea but not an $800 cool idea. Jimmy Page had it on a few guitars.
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 PM

Reviews: 16

If you have a locking nut and bridge you won't have all those tuning problems.

I seriously doubt that this guitar will sell. I saw it a few days ago when it was announced. Complete waste of technology, as far as I'm concerned.

post #11 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
Another stupid idea form a company becoming increasingly known for its stupidity...... anyone remember the upside down Flying V that was guitar of the week a while ago?
So if they dont try anything new, they are living on their history and are bagged on for not doing anything new, but if they trys omething new they are "becomming increasinglyknown for their stupidity". What do they have to do to win with you guys, besides start painting their guitars pink?
post #12 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 10:45 PM

Reviews: 3

That picture is the guitar system that Jimmy Page uses live on his Les Paul. You can send you guitar to them. I'd rather do that then buy that new piece.
Check it out.

http://transperformance.com
post #13 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 10:47 PM

If you can find a bootleg of the Jimmy Page/Black Crowes concert, he uses that guitar during Out On The Tiles/Whole Lotta Love at the end of the set.
post #14 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
So if they dont try anything new, they are living on their history and are bagged on for not doing anything new, but if they trys omething new they are "becomming increasinglyknown for their stupidity". What do they have to do to win with you guys, besides start painting their guitars pink?

Cid, if they'd simply send a guitar to Australia that was actually playable out of the box, I'd revise my opinion considerably. By the way, I play a Parker Fly for a large part of my live playing stuff, so I'm not adverse to new stuff, but geeze, stuff that works would be nice, rather than daft gimmicks (which I also add the Strat VG or whatever it's called, along with Gibson's ahh, erm, HDXPro whatever it's called Digital guitar) - y'know, a Les Paul with a decent bridge that didn't have all those little rattly bits, a decent fret job, good upper fret access, decent nut, straight string pull, locking tuners etc.... oh, hang on, that's a PRS Custom 22 I'm describing......

I really don't have an issue with the vintage thing - heck - I played a '63 Strat for years, but if a company is going to try something new, at least make it a useable improvement, rather than a gimmick - the self tuning system Page had on his Les Paul cost over $3000 installed - that was more than the guitar itself was worth at the time! It's just a bit rich for Gibson to pimp around ads saying "only a Gibson is good enough", then ship a $5295AUD instrument (current RRP on a Les Paul Standard here in Australia) that hasn't had the frets properly levelled and crowned before leaving the factory! Crikeys - get the basic bits right first - please!
post #15 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
What do they have to do to win with you guys, besides start painting their guitars pink?
Or green...

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings , custom shop , david mccarroll , edge trem , floyd trem , fret access , fret guitar , fret guitars , gibson les paul , guitar tech , jimmy page , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les pauls , locking nut , locking tuners , parker fly , pedal board , steve vai , truss rod , tuning system , upper fret , upper fret access

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode