Give me some recommendations please :( - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Give me some recommendations please :(

I am looking for a guitar, in the 700$ range, new, and I have some specific requirements.

Preferably set neck/neck through as I need upper fret access. I could take a bolt on, but it would have to have a good neck join so that I could still have good upper fret access.

I don't want a floyd. No offense, but I want either a 2 point trem, a TOM bridge, etc. A trem is nice, but yeah I guess I could sacrifice it if really needed.

I need good tones, and a few of them if possible. I play through a marshall dsl50 head and 1960 cab, and I have some overdrive pedals.

I tried an Ibanez SA model, that had a trem, it had a grey flame maple cap, and it played NICE...just am not positive if it is for me yet.

I would really appreciate some recommendations. I was also looking at a Schecter C1 which I liked the neck on too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 10:54 PM

Re: Give me some recommendations please :(

LTD H500...w/ the seymour duncans...has Tone Pros on it...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 11:07 PM

Carvin DC127
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 12:09 AM

Stay away from anything with a SAT-PRO trem.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

why stay away from the sat pro?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 AM

Because its the worst sort of trem you can buy, it never stays in tune. I owned one its not as though I did dive bombs or anything like that just didnt stay in tune even for the little vibrato stuff I did. I had it checked 3 times and they said it was fine but they just suck dont buy it if you plan on useing the trem.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

usually it is the string binding within the nut that causes tuning issues...tuners do not slip, it is a common misconception, but yeah, if you see how tuners actually work, you will see that it is impossible for a tuner to slip and put the guitar out of tune. It has to be the nut.

so yeah...I guess these guitars don't have a very well cut nut?

I am seriously thinking of getting a schecter c1 lol...

Tags
fret access , marshall dsl , overdrive pedal , upper fret , upper fret access

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode