GMW Randy Rhoads Polka Dot V ----QUICK YOUTUBE VIDEO - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

GMW Randy Rhoads Polka Dot V ----QUICK YOUTUBE VIDEO

Here is a quick demo of a GMW Randy Rhoads Polka Dot V. Hopefully I have time to do a real review with good lighting lol. GMW guitars play and sound awesome, easily the nicest V I have ever played with a great neck and set up. Just felt right all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENaTk...ature=youtu.be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 11:02 AM

Re: GMW Randy Rhoads Polka Dot V ----QUICK YOUTUBE VIDEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotaplaysguitar View Post
Here is a quick demo of a GMW Randy Rhoads Polka Dot V. Hopefully I have time to do a real review with good lighting lol. GMW guitars play and sound awesome, easily the nicest V I have ever played with a great neck and set up. Just felt right all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENaTk...ature=youtu.be
Great vid, nice playing, and a badass guitar! I've considered buying a GMW for the longest time (the Rhoads V being one), but have never known anyone that owned one, or been able to play one. I know you say it's the nicest V you ever played, but how would you compare the build quality, fit, finish, setup, etc. to other guitars in the same price range?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Sweet...and I heard shades of Randy in your playing...Mother Earth

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
Great vid, nice playing, and a badass guitar! I've considered buying a GMW for the longest time (the Rhoads V being one), but have never known anyone that owned one, or been able to play one. I know you say it's the nicest V you ever played, but how would you compare the build quality, fit, finish, setup, etc. to other guitars in the same price range?
Finish is flawless, I will be doing a longer video going over the guitar more, but the dots are in the right place, no over spray or anything that jumps out. Hardware is exact, schaller tuners, dimarzios, etc. The neck is a perfect round feel, it is not ibanez thin, and def not gibson big, its just a happy medium and really good feel. The neck is poker straight and the frets are flawless. I have the action super low with no buzzing, I actually like it a little higher but the fact I can have it this low is just kinda fun lol. My friend has a GMW super strat that is the same way, crazy low action.

As for it being the best V, well honestly I have not played many V's I have liked, but even sitting down with this it feels good, though this is def one you can pull out at a gig and walk around on stage like you are the man!

Hope that helps, if you get the chance to check out a GMW do it, I have not been disappointed yet playing one.

Last edited by dakotaplaysguitar; 06-30-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Tags
flying v , gmw , polka dots , randy rhoads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode