Godin Guitars... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Talking Godin Guitars...

This is a very open ended question i know but...

Are they any good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 03:18 AM

Re: Godin Guitars...

Yup, especially the higher end models. I've tried a few. The cheaper Solidac series are quite good for the money. The LGX series are awesome, nice for jazz and blues.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 04:01 AM

I have always really liked the look of the Godin Freeway series. They are very good value for money, are built very solid, sound pretty good, so all-round nice guitars!

My particular favourite is the Godin Detour, the fixed-bridge version. I hate floyds, so this model suits me down to the ground. They look like nice little guitars to me.

I also liked the older Artisan series too.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

how is the freeway classic or sa?

not sure of the names specifically.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 04:17 AM

I haven't tried an SA, but the Freeay Classic is quite good. The stock humbuckers are nothing to write home about, but they're not bad at all.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

I was also wondering how that series of guitars compares to my SZ520QM I was looking at trying one that sounds as good if not better than what i already have. I was looking at the freeways because that woody color finish that you can get on them looks really beautifulm akes me want one.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 04:53 AM

I've tried both the SZ520 and the Freeway Classic. They're both very good. Though they both are very unique in character, I'd have to side with the Godin. That's just my personal opinion. Why don't you try out a Freeway for yourself?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

I'll give it a shot but for me to try one i'd have to buy one. You see i live in a small town and we only have 1 music store and all they stock is ibanez and ashton. so for me to get a godin guitar i'd have to order it from a larger city or from overseas like ********.com.

Thats why i've asked so many questions.
(Side note: my SZ520 was a first year or something of production and didnt have the now standard Duncan/ibanez pickups either)
I mean i dont know how accurate the pictures are to what the actual guitar looks like but i've seen some very beautiful pictures of the freeway classic
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/1...cperspe5lc.jpg
that pic
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 05:50 AM

Godins are great guitars, I was never too big on the Freeways (didn't like the looks, and they felt a little bulky to me for some reason), but the LGs are very cool. The more high end LGs, as well as the Flat5s and Montreal models are very cool for jazzy stuff. And their fretless solidbody acoustics (does that even make sense) are ridiculously cool.

Overall, great guitars for the money, and they're from Quebec ;-)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 05:48 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by isida.d
I'll give it a shot but for me to try one i'd have to buy one. You see i live in a small town and we only have 1 music store and all they stock is ibanez and ashton. so for me to get a godin guitar i'd have to order it from a larger city or from overseas like ********.com.
Dude, Davis Wheeler music in Canberra stock them. Check out their site here --> http://www.daviswheeler.com.au/. They are good blokes in the guitar section. They may be able to help you out.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, but they dont have the freeway leaf top.
If they did i could of course buy the guitar there via weborder or something but i still live on the other side of the country from canberra so i still couldnt try it out before i bought it.
HOwever a friend of mine from the netherlands has a recording of his friend playing one of the guitars i'm interested in looking at and it sounds superb i almost find it hard to believe that its actually a godin freeway .... i think it was recorded with a SA model.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:08 PM

Reviews: 120

They can probably get you any of the Godin guitars. they don't have everything on the site anyway.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 12:30 AM

I adore Godin. I have at least three. Phenomenal stuff, especially when you factor in their absurdly low prices.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 12:36 AM

Godin's are nice. I had a friend that had one.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

I might buy a Freeway Classic Leaftop as a second guitar to go along with my Ibanez SZ520QM Then .
Is it possible to upgrade the trem on it to a wilkenson bridge? if i could that would rock so i'm told.

Tags
ibanez pickups , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode