Godin Redline - anybody play or own one of these? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 14
Question Godin Redline - anybody play or own one of these?

They look very tempting. Good price. I've heard really good things about Godin's quality.

I'm curious about how the neck feels compared to a Wizard neck.

Anybody have experience with these guitars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 AM

Re: Godin Redline - anybody play or own one of these?

I've played a bunch of Godin guitars - and I'm always impressed. I just don't like the finishes on the Redlines, or the headstock. But I'd trust anything they made. Their necks are typically wide - not nearly as thin as a wizard, but comfy. Sort of a D shape if I recall correctly.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

interesting. So they have the same radius as the Wizard, super jumbo frets, just as wide, but the neck itself on the Godin is thicker. I wonder how much thicker? Like Les Paul thick?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 PM

Reviews: 1

I don't own a Redline but I've played a few. I do own 2 Godin (LG Signature and Summit CT).

I would say the neck is about as wide as an Ibanez but thicker and rounder in the back and flat on the fretboard. Very comfy neck and doesn't feel like a baseball bat like on some Gibson. But do not expect the "thin" feel of a wizard neck. Hope this help.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

I'm big on my legato technique. It's how I generate speedy licks.

I'm wondering if my legato would be good on this neck? I think the super jumbo frets and the flat radius would be big help.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:55 AM

This guitar is amazing, it is currently it is my most comfortable guitar and is extremly reliable, i bought if for 400$ and it is better than my gibosn flying V (there are pickup issues with the V tho) and my fender telecaster. Never played a wizard tho. But this is still ana amzing guitar
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 03:15 PM

I have played them once in a guitarstore. They have the sound you can expect from emg's. There's also a version with a floydrose but i think you can get a guitar with emg's and a floydrose for less.

Tags
godin , redline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode