Godin Redline HB - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Godin Redline HB

Have any of you tried one of these out? I'm a sucker for 24 3/4" scale shredder style guitars with a Floyd Rose. Lately though,I have been thinking about something with a fixed bridge and this seems like it could be right up my alley. Supposed to be relatively light weight but very resonant and I kinda like the 3+3 headstock. I'd get the black one and immediately refinish it with a neon orange kind of like the carotene orange RG's of old. Throw in White pickups and white mounting rings and I'd be in love I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:09 PM

Re: Godin Redline HB

Yeah, I've played a couple and I really like them, especially the fixed bridge version. They feel very responsive and well made. I've said this before but I think Godin is one really big endorser away from getting the respect they deserve. The guitars are great but the public awareness isn't really there like it should be.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Petie, I'm glad u found the Redline HB to be a great guitar. I have been day dreaming about one for a couple weeks now. I do have a couple questions that I hope u can answer for me....Whats with the "weird" cutaways on the back around the neck pocket? I assume they are to give unrestricted access to the upper frets and to also help cut down on the weight of the guitar. Do they feel weird or uncomfortable against ur body when u stand or sit down to play? What is the egrocut neck profile feel like? I know it's got a flat 16" radius for the fretboard just like an Ibby but is the neck itself thin and speedy for someone like me with small hands and kinda short fingers or is it thick and chunky like a les paul? I kinda like the idea of buying one to support local musicians and luthiers. The company is in Canada but the bodies and necks are made here in the USA in New Hampshire. I currently live close to the Canadian and New Hampshire borders(a half hour away from both) so I guess I can't really get more local than that.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 05:49 PM

I didn't tried but Jeff Waters new Epiphone could fit the bill too.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 06:42 PM

Would like to know more about these guitars since my local dealer hasn't bought one even though I have asked them to do it.

Want a Redline II with maple fretboard but they don't make.. hmmmm
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:48 PM

Godin has no problems in the fit and finish of their guitars. Good value, too, the prices are reasonable. I just don't get along with the neck-body joint. Very bulky, unwieldy, clumsy.

Peace

Mike
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

i"m strictly a rhythm player so the neck/body joint wont be a problem for me. I plan on doing a refinish as well so maybe I could subtley reshape it to give it more of a chamfer especially where the body begins.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 05:51 PM

The Godins I've played around with have been great. I played a couple of the strat type ones with the bolt on neck - and they felt great. I also played one of the 5th avenue kingpin guitars - VERY cool. Also - every one of their acoustics I've played has been great. Their quality control is superb!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 01:13 PM

They look good but from the pictures it looks like they don't have a forearm contour...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:59 AM

Talking Re: Godin Redline HB

Just got mine two days ago...had to get it setup - the strings were too high out of the box.. changed the strings to a set of 9-42s, rest the truss rod and reintonated the whole thing -- and it does play like a dream...

I would even say better than my Indonesian made RGR321EX (which i have sold) - then again anything other than Indonesia and China will always be better

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 12:04 PM

Can we get a picture of how the heel looks like please?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 01:08 PM

Here you go..

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 01:18 PM

Hmm . . . Since I made that negative comment above, to be fair I should say now that that picture does not look like the heel on the guitars I've tried. That appears to be more contoured with better access. If I find one again with the design I'm talking about, I'll share it.

Peace

Mike
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 01:22 PM

Its okay Mike...sometimes guitars are like that...some you like some you dont...each to their own...

Anyway its really easy to play this guitar...the upper notes are easy to reach too

Tags
godin , hb model , redline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode