Going 8 (the big mess) Damien Schecter Elite 8? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Going 8 (the big mess) Damien Schecter Elite 8?

First of all, I come from a long, wide search through the web before to post this (my first post ever/cheers .)
I want to get an 8.
That's the point.
(I've never went 7. I wanted.. but)
After all my runs, I come to the Schecter Damien Elite 8
( 750 here, I guess less in the US).
My budget come just to this.

My questions are a lot.
First, Emgs 808 vs Duncan Blackouts (I'm a kind of emg lover) - the guitar comes with 808s and my budget is still there, like said before.
(there are Schecter with the BOs but they're not imported here - I guess I could ask specifically for it).
Anyway, the Tobin Abasi's tone is just terrific (...but at the EMG studios...) Ibanez RG2228 and 808x.
2) The neck scale (I'm not a lot into that kind of things. I'd have to). the Damien is shorter than some, but longer than the ESPs
(love the Deftones's tone a lot - 808s too for their production)
3)Mahogany body with quilted maple top/Bolt on/rosewood over maple neck
Sounds good but can it get too dark?
(I'm a proud lespaulER - Heritage Gary Moore w/ Duncans Alnico II pro/n & Pearly Gates/br - all the possible ways switchable - I still wait the axe from the shop, maybe tomorrow)

I've watched every video around (not proof ones) and I can say, I liked what I've heard and, a lot, what I've seen (love the look!).

Agile are not imported here in Italy (I guess I could buy it online somewhere but I don't like their look so much and I want a two pups config. with the budget).

[I confess you] I play through a Pod X3 Live straight into neutral amplifications. I just love it
(I mostly write, record and play at home on the electric at the moment - When I'm around, I'm with my D-28 by my side).

I don't know if I've asked everything I wanted but I wish some of you could give me a right word.
Do I have to get this guitar?

(Sorry for my english and for the lenght of the post)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 11:05 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Going 8 (the big mess) Damien Schecter Elite 8?

my name is damien haha but schecters are one of my least favorates simply because i dont like playing baseball bats and ive never played an EMG that i like, maybe they all had low batteries. but thats just my preference, id still say agile but if thats not an option for you then go with the schecter and post as many pictures and sound clips as you can
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Going 8 (the big mess) Damien Schecter Elite 8?

however, i STRONGLY suggest you get a cheap 7 string and use that for a couple months before you move up that far.

get a Dean vendetta VNXM 7 string. its only 200 USD or 152.82 EUR
its low quality but itll help you get the feel of the 7 string

Tags
damien schecter elite 8 , deftones , eight strings , emg 808 , seymour duncan distortion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

pod xt pro forums
jem forums
gak.co.uk forums
bad cat amp forums

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode