Is going from Lo-trs II to Lo pro edge worth it? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Is going from Lo-trs II to Lo pro edge worth it?

hey, i got an ibanez rgt42 a while ago and just got it back from the shop... i put in a tone zone and a paf pro, and i was supposed to get a floyd rose pro however the company messed up my order so i got a floyd rose original (for now... when the pro comes in ill get it) my only question is should i just get the pro? or route for a lo pro edge? the upsides of the lo pro are that i can get it in cosmo black (might get floyd rose pro powder coated) and it has more mass... its alittle more stable but i have an original ibanez trem stabalizer in anyways so thats not too much of a concern... the only draw back i see in the floyd rose pro is that one wing of the bass plate is shorter then the other leaving a 4 mm empty space in the trem cavity... which really doesnt bother me too much... also im alittle disapointed with the pups... the paf pro sounds really nice clean... but its missing something when distorted... and the tone zone is nice... but it sounds too bassy for the treble slot... i was thinking of changing em both to a steves special and then a breed... any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 07:33 AM

hmm, methinks you should try an evo bridge, and why not the steve morse neck pickup.

if you can get a lo-pro with all the hardware for it, why not.
did you find a way to smoothen the back of the neck?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

i havetnt even tried to yet... if i do ill just go across it with 600 grade sand paper to give it a satin look and it should feel smooth... im just worried about damaging the paintjob for routing for the lo pro edge... by the way they sell lo-pro edge kits on their own in almost every country but here...
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 03:02 PM

ask rich, he'll be pleased to charge you for one
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

haha... trust me id take that bridge over any... i just really dont want to get it routed... i think for now im gonna stick with the floyd pro and later i was thinking of going full blow custom with it... vine inlay... the LGM black pencil flower paint job... then id route it for the lo pro and do the bear claw and everything... thats probably an a little while though... but i think ill stick with this set up for now and when i go nuts with it ill deal with it then... by the way im actually likeing the tone zone more and more... the paf pro still sounds to generic... so i had a few ideas... i wanna switch for maybe one of the folowing: Air Norton, Breed, or Humbucker from hell... im looking for lots of clarity for shred... with the paf theres toooo much bassyness... when i do runs down the low notes it sounds too static like... id like something with some more treble boost but not too much... just the right amount... hard to explain...best way to put it is that hollow sound... good for sweeps and shred type licks... thats the only way to describe it...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 05:25 PM

i hear the air zone is ok in the neck position, but it hasnt got lots of treble...
or the SD Jazz
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 08:27 PM

there is now a trs to lo pro conversion tutorial on projectguitar.com!!!!

Tags
air norton , evo bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , ibanez rgt , ibanez trem , neck pickup , neck position , paf pro , pro edge , steve morse , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode