Going rate for a '87 RG550 w/ Rosewood board??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Going rate for a '87 RG550 w/ Rosewood board???

I gave my bro my black '87 RG550 with a rosewood board. He wants to try something new, (as we all do) and wants me to sleaze bay it. I bought it a couple years ago used for around $250, but it seems RG550 prices have gone way up since then. How would one of these fetch on the bay nowadays?? It had body dings for it's age, but the neck and frets looks stellar. Thanks,

-Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 02:40 PM

Re: Going rate for a '87 RG550 w/ Rosewood board???

With all the new models about to come out I wouldn't think you would get a lot of bites at the moment, but who knows. I would say to do one of two things...
1. Put it on the bay and it gets what it gets (this will always vary a bit)

2. Post an ad in the Jemsite classifieds asking what you want to get. Maybe you will get some offers and have a better idea if you do that. Plus it's free and every so often you can bump it (read the rules first!!)

I'd go with number 2.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
With all the new models about to come out I wouldn't think you would get a lot of bites at the moment, but who knows. I would say to do one of two things...
1. Put it on the bay and it gets what it gets (this will always vary a bit)

2. Post an ad in the Jemsite classifieds asking what you want to get. Maybe you will get some offers and have a better idea if you do that. Plus it's free and every so often you can bump it (read the rules first!!)

I'd go with number 2.
Hey thanks...I guess I should have asked, what would be a fair asking price?? I'm not out to rip anyone off, hell it isn't my money anyway. Considering it's age, I would think it would be a collector, no?

-Joe
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 03:02 PM

A collector, no, the maple boards are much more desirable from what I have seen, and no collector is looking for one with dings and what not. That said, they are awesome players and a lot of people here would definitely be interested. Look through the non-jem/uv classifieds and see if you can come across a few in similair condition to base your price off of, I'm pretty sure you'll find a few in there.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 03:45 PM

Now you are GilkyBear i would've have thought you would've hustled a bit more there Kev
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Cool, thanks I'll check em out.

-Joe
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
Now you are GilkyBear i would've have thought you would've hustled a bit more there Kev
Well, if it was a DNA I would've talked him into sending it to me for inspection
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 09:34 PM

Reviews: 6

Hey Joe, what's up... yes I sold the Savage 120 just before I got the Special Edition.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotechnology View Post
Hey Joe, what's up... yes I sold the Savage 120 just before I got the Special Edition.
Hey Ivan, what's up?? The amp search continues man. I'm selling my 6505+ to a buddy. Now searching for an amp to cover the blues and metal. I'm thinking VHT deliverance.

Tags
rosewood board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode