Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Gold EVO Frets, Stainless Frets

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ViK-master 
#1 ·
I'm concerned about losing a little warmth with Stainless Frets if I order them on my next Carvin and if I refret my current guitar I'm leaning toward Gold Evo Frets- said to be very warm like Nickel but last almost like Stainless or longer.

These gold colored frets are used on Gibson Les Paul supreme- any have one of those ?

The thing that concerns me MORE than warmth issues on both of these fret types is - IF they are so slick and smooth will I still get endless sustain or full volume sustain from finger vibrato - the string dragging against the fret and ringing or "bowing " from the friction.

Any thoughts on that- you guys with stainless- can you get long ringing sustain from vibrato as well as with Nickel from the string rubbing on the fret ?

Thanks- try it and let me know.

#2 ·
These sorts changes to a guitar might be evident in sound, but IMO isn't the be all and end all of your tone... I wouldn't worry to much about all the little things... But I do understand its half the fun of playing the guitar... Im sure whatever you choose your fingers will do the talking..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.