Got a (another) new/used 7 string today. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Got a (another) new/used 7 string today.

The local music store has had this trans-aqua ESP LTD H-307 for a little while now and I decided to take advantage of the sweet deal they offered me. Since I'm about the only one that actually plays out in this town with 7 strings they gave it to me for $250 + case, Mint condition. Man, for a Korean built guitar it really kicks @ss! I especially love the fact that it is a neck-thru. Mahogony body and neck, maple top, Les Paul style bridge, etc. The fretboard is nice and wide and really straight. Fits my gigantic hands pretty good. The only bad thing I can notice are the pickups. Those darn EMG-HZs . About the only thing those pickups are good for is keeping the pickup cavities free of debris until you slap a set of 707s in it. Those HZs are very noisy! Luckily I have a spare set of the 707s lying around. Those will be slapped in first thing tomorrow.
I have only played it on a 5150 down at the store, sounded pretty good but I'll wait till all my Rocktron gear shows up this week and I have the 707s in it before I give the final judgement on how this thing sounds. So far this guitar gets a big thumbs up from me.

I'm sure you all have seen these before but here are some pics of it. I just love the way these guitars look and I finally brought a guitar home that my girlfriend actually likes!
My good digital camera is messed up so I had to use the crappy one so please excuse the bad pictures.

Later

Donnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 03:01 PM

Looks nice...congrats! Sounds like a great deal.
Greg
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 05:51 PM

That is a good deal. How's the detail work on the guitar (finish, binding, fretwork)?

Randy
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 11:26 PM

I was really hoping to get one of those while they were blowing them out on ebay. they look totally sweet, neck thru, tunomatic etc. I have a schecter oo7 elite which is nice, set neck and all, but the neck joint is all clunky. neck thru would be awesome. I would probably throw a duncan JB and and jazz in it for pickups. although i think the routing is too big from those HZs. congrats on a great deal. is any more pop up, I may just have to....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlintz
That is a good deal. How's the detail work on the guitar (finish, binding, fretwork)?

Randy
The detail work all seems pretty good. The frets are all level. The fret ends are a tiny, tiny bit rough, but that's an easy fix. Barely any chatter marks on the neck binding. Very clean fretboard. The finish is really good. Very smooth, aside from a few suface scatches. No orange peel. All in all it looks like it could've been made in a US custom shop (sort of).
I got the EMG 707s in it and it sounds huge! It gives my Dino some compitition. I learned a little trick with the EMGs, btw, but thats another story.
And smorg007, I think they made a version prior to this one without the EMG HZs. Nech-thru with duncans. I think it was maybe a '99 H-307, not to be confused with the bolt-on H-207. I seem to remember some guy on ebay had a dutch auction going for those a few months ago. They were either going for $199 or $299. So keep your eye out for one. I know they are out there somewhere. Well worth it.
Also I have played the Schecter 007 Elite and other than the neck-thru on the ESP they feel like the exact same guitar. It probably helps that they are built in the same factory.

Tags
custom shop , les paul , local music store , mahogony body , music store , neck binding , neck joint , neck thru , pickup cavities

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode