Got a Caparison Horus - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Re: Got a Caparison Horus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
Caparisons are awesome, and they play and sound great. I have a feeling we'll be hearing a lot more about them soon. My TAT is a Jackson Soloist killer.
jax I just saw your arpeggio piece. Awesome!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.P.R.O. View Post
Wow, that sounds awesome! Exotic metal sounding (yum!). Instant GAS for a Horus now. Can you fill us in on where/how you got yours? Any difficulties on getting it?
F.P.R.O. I got it straight from Japan. I think that's the only way to get them. It was shipped to me faster than most shipments I've had even in the USA. No problems at all.
post #33 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShred View Post
jax I just saw your arpeggio piece. Awesome!!!!
People aren't supposed to see that!

Japan ships in like 3 days, which blows my mind.
post #34 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM

SOOO!!

Where are the pictures of the 2nd caparison???

Have you recieved it???

Still in love with the yellow one?
post #35 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 10:55 AM

Nice axe, I almost bought one but got a J Custom instead. I expect to get a Caparison someday (maybe they'll make pink by then). I really dig the clock inlays too.
post #36 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I did play a couple of PRS' and came close to buying a couple. I'm not a big fan of the CE models and decided I'd have to get a Custom 24. If I find a Custom 24 with birds, 10 top, and a solid Indian Rosewood neck I'll buy it for the right price. They are great guitars and have no equal.

I bought the Horus because, believe it or not, it was an exact rendition of what I had always envisioned I would customize a guitar to be: H-S pickups, 27 frets, single volume knob, more floyd like tremolo, etc. Even the body was exactly like I had scrawled on paper. The second I saw it I knew I had to have it.

They are tough to find in the USA, especially since they forbade their dealers from sending to the USA. I think it was because they wouldn't be able to honor the warranty to any capacity overseas.
Dude.
the PRS 513 is probably one of the best guitars out there.
513 stands for 5 pickups, 13 sounds.

has an H-S-H pickup configuration that has coil splitting capability, with a flick of a three way, and a 5 way to choose pickups.

2 blade switches, and such.

one hell of a guitar.

I prefer the PRS McCarty though.

so I got that instead because of the wide fat neck, and simplicality.

not to mention, plays and sounds as good as it looks.

it's like the perfect guitar for me.

post #37 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper777 View Post
SOOO!!

Where are the pictures of the 2nd caparison???

Have you recieved it???

Still in love with the yellow one?
I just flew home from Atlanta because my uncle died last night. I went straight to the funeral from the airport and saw the box when I got home. I opened it and the guitar was BROKEN...yes...BROKEN...at the Tremolo. The wood was cracked. Broken. The tremolo was also completely RUSTED.

[I've deleted remainder of post. Giving him a chance to resolve issue.]

Last edited by BigShred; 08-29-2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Giving him a chance to resolve issue.
post #38 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemma_Ann's_man View Post
Dude.
the PRS 513 is probably one of the best guitars out there.
513 stands for 5 pickups, 13 sounds.

has an H-S-H pickup configuration that has coil splitting capability, with a flick of a three way, and a 5 way to choose pickups.

2 blade switches, and such.

one hell of a guitar.

I prefer the PRS McCarty though.

so I got that instead because of the wide fat neck, and simplicality.

not to mention, plays and sounds as good as it looks.

it's like the perfect guitar for me.

Here, here. I concur emphatically. Beautiful guitars.
post #39 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 03:42 AM

Quote:
I just flew home from Atlanta because my uncle died last night. I went straight to the funeral from the airport and saw the box when I got home. I opened it and the guitar was BROKEN...yes...BROKEN...at the Tremolo. The wood was cracked. Broken. The tremolo was also completely RUSTED.

I am in no mood to f* around. I am going to rip this dude a new one if he doesn't process a refund. I buy and sell guitars on **** regularly and don't do so often without being WELL prepared to deal with lying pieces of sh* like this. If you screw someone for an item paid by PayPal for less than $2000 you may as well shove a glock up your own a$$ and pull the trigger. They will make your life hell.

I'm giving him a chance to make it right, otherwise, not only am I going to get ****/PayPal to make him wish he was never born, I am going to expose him everywhere so everyone else is protected.
That truly sucks. Hard luck Shred, let the seller have it.
post #40 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 03:45 AM

WOW!! that's pretty tough!!

Sorry to hear that!! I hope you can get a full refound... if not sue him to death!!!
post #41 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 12:10 PM

What a bi***! My friend had that happen when he bought a "absolutely mint condition" Charvel custom. Well it turns out the pots were bad, the pickups were all demagnetized (seriously, how can you manage THAT?) and the bridge was all ****ed. The guy sent him like 500 dollars to get new parts for the ones that were broken, managed to get 3 EMGs (Don't ask me why haha), a kahler, and new pots for it. The best part is that he won the auction for 400 and the guy was afraid of the paypal rape he was going to endure if he didn't take responsibility. I would kill a man if he ****ed me out of almost 2000!
post #42 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:35 AM

So How did it turn out??

What happened? could you get a refound???

Are you still going to buy another Horus????

Let us know!!
post #43 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 05:20 PM

Dang that sucks big time man!! Which Horus was this that you bought??
post #44 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Mods please delete. Giving him a chance to resolve issue. Thank you.

Last edited by BigShred; 08-29-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Mods please delete. Giving him a chance to resolve issue. Thank you.
post #45 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 05:53 PM

That's interesting because he's aparently sold many used Caparison's before(all pretty much purchased from the official caparisonforum at bmusic). Thanks for the heads up man. Maybe you should post that same info over at caparisonforum.com to give the peeps there a heads up.

Got any pics of how bad the guitar actually is??

Tags
beautiful guitar , bridge pickup , caparison horus , coil split , coil splitting , death metal , ebmm petrucci , ebony board , fret access , gauge strings , heavy gauge strings , jackson soloist , kettner switchblade , mahogany body , mesa cab , neck pickup , neck scale , paul gilbert , prs mccarty , reverse headstock , rosewood neck , rusty cooley , seymour duncan , signature guitar , string skipping , toggle switch , upper fret , upper fret access , upper frets , wizard prestige , wizard prestige neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode