Claim with DHL has been filed. They told me you are guaranteed to get the refund amount back. Should be all good.
Nearly 1 month since the last post. I agreed to give the guy a fair chance to make this right. I withdrew the negative feedback I RIGHTFULLY gave him on the bay. Still, nearly 1 month and nothing. He has filed a damage claim with DHL that has yet to be met. The DHL inspector came to my house and inspected the guitar and scoffed at the fact that the case was in perfect condition yet the guitar was damaged. Who knows if they'll reimburse for the damage.
NONE of this should have been MY PROBLEM. I paid too much money for a guitar that was shipped to me damaged and unplayable. He should have reimbursed me for the damage and sorted out the DHL claim on his own time.
Nearly 1 month and I'm sitting here with a $1500 guitar that is unplayable.
I gave you a fair chance, dude. You f*ed up. End of story. You sent me a damaged guitar and have been doing nothing but stalling me and buying time hoping that I'll just let it go. Now for a summary of the facts:
1) Guitar was shipped with no padding, peanuts or bubble wrap around case. Light bubble wrap around guitar inside of case.
2) Tremolo was completely off of the posts and trem cavity was cracked.
3) Tremolo was completely rusted.
4) Strings were partially broken and rusted.
5) Case didn't have so much as a scratch on it. Perfect condition. Yet, the guitar inside was a mess.
Follow this thread and be forewarned so the same does not happen to you.