Got a Caparison Horus - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Re: Got a Caparison Horus

Mods please delete. Giving him a chance to resolve issue. Thank you.

Last edited by BigShred; 08-29-2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Mods please delete. Giving him a chance to resolve issue. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:34 PM

The guitar was damaged in shipping, it was not shipped like that. I offered to file a claim with DHL and refund him for whatever amount the damages would be to fix, but Shibli totally ignored my offer. That's what shipping insurance is for. My **** auction had about 15-20 extremely clear, close up, and detailed pictures.

http://cgi.****.com/ws/****ISAPI.dll...MESO:IT&ih=017
post #48 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShred View Post
I just flew home from Atlanta because my uncle died last night. I went straight to the funeral from the airport and saw the box when I got home. I opened it and the guitar was BROKEN...yes...BROKEN...at the Tremolo. The wood was cracked. Broken. The tremolo was also completely RUSTED.

I am in no mood to f* around. I am going to rip this dude a new one if he doesn't process a refund. I buy and sell guitars on **** regularly and don't do so often without being WELL prepared to deal with lying pieces of sh* like this. If you screw someone for an item paid by PayPal for less than $2000 you may as well shove a glock up your own a$$ and pull the trigger. They will make your life hell.

I'm giving him a chance to make it right, otherwise, not only am I going to get ****/PayPal to make him wish he was never born, I am going to expose him everywhere so everyone else is protected.
I offered to file a claim with DHL for the damages and you never replied! If that's what you want to do, I will definitely do that man, that's why the guitar was fully insured when it was shipped out, to prevent things like this.
post #49 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I know and he has some YouTube videos too I think. I think its some kid with a rich daddy who doesn't know how to properly care for his guitars.

These pics were taken AFTER I properly installed the tremolo. The guy actually shipped me a guitar with the tremolo off the posts and the strings still partially on them! The tremolo was so badly rusted that it looked like he washed it in the washer and dryer and left it out in the garage to dry. View and weep:

So if this little prick tries to make excuses here are the images as proof.
Um, I don't have any YouTube videos, I have no idea what you're talking about. The tremolo was in perfect condition when the guitar was shipped, you can clearly see that in my **** pictures, which were much more clear and detailed than your pics.

post #50 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:45 PM

post #51 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:46 PM

post #52 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mods please delete. Giving him a chance to resolve issue. Thank you.

Last edited by BigShred; 08-29-2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Mods please delete. Giving him a chance to resolve issue. Thank you.
post #53 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

I'm going to give you one last chance since these forum posts have brought you out of the woodwork. If you want I will delete all these posts which are negative towards you in the mean time. If I can't delete them I'll ask the mods to. Let me know. Otherwise the posts stay.
post #54 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Aaaaah NICE so you won't respond to any of my emails then rush to lamely defend yourself when I expose you in public???

All your pictures show is that the guitar was ONCE in good condition. My pictures are of what you shipped me! Anyone can buy a guitar in perfect condition take pics of it then jack it up and sell it jacked up using pics from when it was brand new. That is EXACTLY what you did.

Now, praytell, why have you not responded to a single email even after I gave you bad e-Bay feedback?? I strongly suggest you sort this out or else by utilizing avenues which protect buyers' rights I will make your problems A LOT worse than a bad rep on internet forums.
What emails dude??? The last message I got from you was on August 23rd! You even told me when I sent you the tracking number that my emails were going to your spam folder. Here is your EXACT quote.

"Thanks, Mark. I wonder where your emails have been going. I hate it when I get spam and legitimate emails get caught as spam. Thanks, again. --Shibli"

If you sent me any messages after then, I DID NOT receive them. Like I said, I'm MORE than willing to file that claim with DHL and get you money back for those damages. The guitar looked 100% EXACTLY the same as it did in my pictures when I shipped it to you.
post #55 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadeth7684 View Post
What emails dude??? The last message I got from you was on August 23rd! You even told me when I sent you the tracking number that my emails were going to your spam folder. Here is your EXACT quote.

"Thanks, Mark. I wonder where your emails have been going. I hate it when I get spam and legitimate emails get caught as spam. Thanks, again. --Shibli"

If you sent me any messages after then, I DID NOT receive them. Like I said, I'm MORE than willing to file that claim with DHL and get you money back for those damages. The guitar looked 100% EXACTLY the same as it did in my pictures when I shipped it to you.
Yes, I wrote that because I was making an excuse for you. There is no way you could have been emailing me and it not go in my inbox OR my junk folder. You couldn't email me directly on e-Bay???

I keep making excuses for you. You say it damaged in shipping when the case was in perfect condition. Alright, dude, let's defy the laws of physics and reality. I just want this resolved.

Let's take this off line and if you want I will delete all these posts in the mean time.
post #56 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I'm going to give you one last chance since these forum posts have brought you out of the woodwork. If you want I will delete all these posts which are negative towards you in the mean time. If I can't delete them I'll ask the mods to. Let me know. Otherwise the posts stay.
I never got any replies from you after I offered to file the DHL claim. I need to know how much you want me to file the claim for, so I couldn't do anything with you letting me know. If you've been sending me emails, I haven't been getting any of them man. Just let me know how much you want me to file the claim for and it will be done. That's the whole purpose of shipping insurance.
post #57 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, I wrote that because I was making an excuse for you. There is no way you could have been emailing me and it not go in my inbox OR my junk folder. You couldn't email me directly on e-Bay???

I keep making excuses for you. You say it damaged in shipping when the case was in perfect condition. Alright, dude, let's defy the laws of physics and reality. I just want this resolved.

Let's take this off line and if you want I will delete all these posts in the mean time.
Also, just because the case wasn't damaged doesn't mean the guitar
can't get damaged. My friend just sold a Dellinger HGS inside a
hardshell case, and a little piece of wood broke right off the
headstock, with no damage to the case. I mentioned in my **** auction
the flaws of the guitar, the little headstock chip and the crack near
the volume knob. That was all that was wrong with the guitar. The
tremolo was in perfect shape, I can 100% assure you that.
post #58 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Alright, dude, I have edited and or deleted the content of the previous posts. I'm giving you another chance to resolve this.
post #59 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Alright, dude, I have edited and or deleted the content of the previous posts. I'm giving you another chance to resolve this.
Claim with DHL has been filed. They told me you are guaranteed to get the refund amount back. Should be all good.
post #60 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadeth7684 View Post
Claim with DHL has been filed. They told me you are guaranteed to get the refund amount back. Should be all good.
Nearly 1 month since the last post. I agreed to give the guy a fair chance to make this right. I withdrew the negative feedback I RIGHTFULLY gave him on the bay. Still, nearly 1 month and nothing. He has filed a damage claim with DHL that has yet to be met. The DHL inspector came to my house and inspected the guitar and scoffed at the fact that the case was in perfect condition yet the guitar was damaged. Who knows if they'll reimburse for the damage.

NONE of this should have been MY PROBLEM. I paid too much money for a guitar that was shipped to me damaged and unplayable. He should have reimbursed me for the damage and sorted out the DHL claim on his own time.

Nearly 1 month and I'm sitting here with a $1500 guitar that is unplayable.

I gave you a fair chance, dude. You f*ed up. End of story. You sent me a damaged guitar and have been doing nothing but stalling me and buying time hoping that I'll just let it go. Now for a summary of the facts:

1) Guitar was shipped with no padding, peanuts or bubble wrap around case. Light bubble wrap around guitar inside of case.
2) Tremolo was completely off of the posts and trem cavity was cracked.
3) Tremolo was completely rusted.
4) Strings were partially broken and rusted.
5) Case didn't have so much as a scratch on it. Perfect condition. Yet, the guitar inside was a mess.

Follow this thread and be forewarned so the same does not happen to you.

Last edited by BigShred; 09-30-2007 at 05:44 AM.

Tags
beautiful guitar , bridge pickup , caparison horus , coil split , coil splitting , death metal , ebmm petrucci , ebony board , fret access , gauge strings , heavy gauge strings , jackson soloist , kettner switchblade , mahogany body , mesa cab , neck pickup , neck scale , paul gilbert , prs mccarty , reverse headstock , rosewood neck , rusty cooley , seymour duncan , signature guitar , string skipping , toggle switch , upper fret , upper fret access , upper frets , wizard prestige , wizard prestige neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode