Got my new RG Prestige... woohoo! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Smile Got my new RG Prestige... woohoo!

Well it happened.... went over to see my step-daughter on Saturday and took a trip round some of the music shops. Spotted a RG1570 in black on the rack at the 1st shop I went into and had a tryout... supremely impressed with the feel of it.

I told the sales guy I'd be very interested in purchasing it but wanted to check out other shops first, nevertheless I was back within 30 mins to make the purchase! Also picked up a few other bits while I was in a shopping mood including the Blackstar HT-Drive stomp box.

I can now understand why everybody raves about the Prestige line and if anybody is wondering whether to take plunge all I can say is... GO FOR IT!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 AM

Re: Got my new RG Prestige... woohoo!

Congrats...Rg Prestige's are awsome..I used to have 3120. Had to sell it during tough times. Now I have a RGT42DXFM. Not quite the same animal.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 01:27 PM

Reviews: 39

::nods in awesome approval::

1570's rock! I bet that HT-drive is sweet! How's it stack up against the TS-9?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

I love the warm sound of the HT-Drive (lots of harmonic overtones etc.) although if anything it does highlight that the neck pickup on the 1570 is a bit muddy. Never tried a TS-9 so I'm not sure as to how much difference in tonal quality there would be.

Since I am also running a Boss GT-8 I've been playing about with connecting the HT-Drive 1st in the chain, in the effects loop in/out and changing the loop placement on the GT-8. It's quite surprising what a difference it can make but overall I am more than happy... having said that I feel a pickup change coming along in the near future!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenks View Post
I love the warm sound of the HT-Drive (lots of harmonic overtones etc.) although if anything it does highlight that the neck pickup on the 1570 is a bit muddy. Never tried a TS-9 so I'm not sure as to how much difference in tonal quality there would be.

Since I am also running a Boss GT-8 I've been playing about with connecting the HT-Drive 1st in the chain, in the effects loop in/out and changing the loop placement on the GT-8. It's quite surprising what a difference it can make but overall I am more than happy... having said that I feel a pickup change coming along in the near future!
ongrats

Congrats on the new axe, had a 1570 myself, swapped out the pickups for bareknuckle "holy divers" absolutely perfect!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
bareknuckle "holy divers" absolutely perfect!
Never thought bout holy divers but I did want to avoid the standard DiMarzio route if possible and EMGs have never really grabbed me.

Obviously some thought required before I take the plunge!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Haha...awesome! Have fun with it
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezza View Post
Haha...awesome! Have fun with it
Hehe... lots of fun already being had

Tags
prestige , rg1570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode