got an sz320 on the way... im excited - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

got an sz320 on the way... im excited

i usually dont buy sight unseen but AMS has a good price on them and I have really wanted another guitar, specifically a fixed bridge, I almost considered a hardtail RG but I think this will be a nice complement

im happy, got a good trem guitar, a good acoustic, a good bass and now a good fixed bridge, its all the basics covered

also added a digitech rp 250 on the order so now I can actually have some different sounds to play with and the USB capabilites to start playing with some home recording, im so excited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 08:46 PM

Re: got an sz320 on the way... im excited

it's a GREAT guitar!!! waht color???
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

i opted for the brown sunburst, if they should have thrown the black my way i wont be too upset but hopefully they got it right and i get the sunburst i asked for
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:44 AM

the sz's are among the best budget axes on the planet. before the sz series came out in 2003, i was going to get a schecter. i saw the info on HC.com and thought they were going to be mad expensive, but i had to have one. saw the msrp, and freaked! it was less than the msrp of my sc420. within 6 months, i had one. dropped an alnico2 and jb in it and love it. i personally have an sz520 in GAB and have a coil tap for the neck hum to give me a good single coil tone. i made it v/t/t instead of the v/v/t. it is so fun to play and sounds gorgeous. my only gripe...and you won't have it, is that the fret markers are nonexistant on that guitar. the flaming squid is the only indicator.

rich
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 01:43 PM

Cool, I have an SZ320 on order also, one of the new white ones. I plan on putting Duncan's in it at some stage, a JB and a Jazz. Just for something different really as I usually go down the DiMarzio route, but I have been getting a little tired of them recently. They are meant to be great little guitars for the money.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Its a slideshow, take a moment, click on the picture and have a look please! Thanks!

shes here!

Ill keep this short and simple, I went overboard with my posting on Ibanez forum

Expected it Thursday, props to AMS and FedEx for the expident shipment. I normally dont buy sight unseen like this, but... this deal was too good to pass on, I typically hate the Warehouse seller route. With that said Im very impressed with what I bought!

With the money I saved on passing on the white one, I could afford the Digitech, Im very impressed with it so far, considering what I had options wise before its a whole new world, its good enough for me, thats it, plain and simple, so please dont knock it and say it sucks blah blah blah, please dont. A bonus I wasnt even expecting, AMS threw in a free pedal gig bag, how cool, I didnt even know it was included.

Guitar was simply good to go out of the box, Im crazy amazed how well its setup, the D and G strings obviously had to be tuned, they get knocked by the box but the others were in tune, a few seconds and Im in tune, wow and it sustains, its well constructed, over all appearance is nice, the 320 is the utilitarian model of these SZs the others are really all cosmetics though, at thier core they are all constructed the same, Im really diggin the burst, its nicer than I expected. All black would have been boring and very utilitarian, at least this is a little classy, its very classic looking if you ask me. Thats about it, if you see my Ibanez forum posting this is tame by comparison!

I have to note, this is my first NIB purchase, I usually opt for the used route and I have never had a guitar with hang tags or blank warranty cards, kind of scary honestly, I get to cut my new guitar cherry teeth on this one hehe

Cheers all
Jeremy

Last edited by jeremywills; 06-12-2007 at 06:37 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 07:17 PM

i want a white one would go great as a back up to a jem
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 08:27 PM

i dont like bursts, but that IS HOT! u got that from MF didn't ya?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

no AMS, and I love white on a guitar, seriously I do but.... for the cash difference this allowed me a Digitech pedal, a better deal all around for me

otherwise I would have opted for the white
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 11:52 AM

I'm liking these guitars a lot. That burst one with the plain top and binding is nice. I have not seen that one before.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 07:59 PM

Nice pics... How the RP250???

Tags
coil tap , fixed bridge , fret markers , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

ibanez sz320 how to setup

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode