Greeeeeeeeeeeen - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Greeeeeeeeeeeen

Apart from the new S1XXV.... It seems it been over 20 yrs since Ibanez did a guitar in Loch Ness Green or similar colour.... It seems from reading the forums that an RG (550 type) in this colour would be amazingly popular.... I can only guess that the powers that be are fully aware of this if they too have ever read these forums or spoken to the ibanez playing public.....so..... Why do you think they seem reluctant to release this colour on an RG?...... I would of thought that LNG would of been a bigger seller than either the FPK or FYE of the RG1XxV.....keen to read your thoughts......
Surely a LNG RG in the catalogue would sell a truckload..... Seems like a money making opportunity gone begging......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 01:19 AM

Re: Greeeeeeeeeeeen

I agree. There is a solution though, House of Kolor Neon Green. Alaskabat had a 550 painted with it and it's the sickest 550 I've ever seen.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel_f View Post
I agree. There is a solution though, House of Kolor Neon Green. Alaskabat had a 550 painted with it and it's the sickest 550 I've ever seen.
I have a question on this, regarding repainting an RG. Painting the body seems fairly straight forward. But how do you properly repaint an RG's headstock, including keeping a nice seam of paint only on the top surface of the head and reproducing the Ibanez logo?

Thanks.

PS - I would LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE an RG in green. (I own an RGT42FX in mystic sea green burst, which at least is green. But it's not... bright neon nuclear radioactive GREEN!!!).
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 01:40 AM

Haven't done it yet, but I would assume the black would need to be sanded completely off, (whereas you can prime right over the body finish after roughing it up) and you would need some really good masking tape for the edge. I read that vinyl automotive pinstriping works well there since it's flexible enough to work through the tight corners, and is very sticky.

Logos are sold on evilbay, goes on before the clear.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

House of Kolor is a US brand/store i take it?.... yeah i might have to resort to that... but would be awesome to see Ibanez bring one out... i really just don't see why they dont when demand seems pretty high....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 AM

Reviews: 9

I have finished many guitars and to me the Ibanez headstock seems pretty simple becuase the black on the headstock only wraps around as far a the beveled edge. I would expect that a thin layer of clear is layed down over the entire edge and the edges are tape with pinstriping tape and shot with black. The clear would allow you to easily remove any overspray/tape leaks if needed. Regardless, pinstriping type tape works great and when applied carefully it can be use around corners and to create designs with little to no leaks. Just do not buy cheap tape. You can get different width of pinstipping tape and for guitars, hobby shops tend to have a good variety. One thing I will say is that I have not had good luck with the new edge lock (seal) type blue tape and lacquer. It tends to cause a negative reaction with lacquer so beware. I just use good quality regular blue tape.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 AM

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ibanezpb6.jpg/

Here's my Rg760 that I had painted lime green a few years back.

Love green guitars....!!

Tags
rg green

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode