Green knobs that match Green Dimarzios? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 18
Green knobs that match Green Dimarzios?

llllllllllllllll

Last edited by sirshredsalot; 04-07-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 06:56 PM

Re: Green knobs that match Green Dimarzios?

Sounds like you've checked the auction site...but these look similar, maybe these are too vibrant for you...item number 170461775959
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 PM

These are NOS Ibanez knobs, they match pretty well.
They certainly weren't cheap though.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charv712 View Post
Sounds like you've checked the auction site...but these look similar, maybe these are too vibrant for you...item number 170461775959
Thanks, yeah I've definitely seen those NOS knobs and I've been trying to avoid them due to the cost.. But It appears those might be the best bet.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 PM

Reviews: 25

Hi.. Im probably one of the main sellors of Ibanez Knobs on 3bay... The cheap versions for $5 dont match the dimarzios, then you have the Neon white based ibanez knobs, that are to bright for the dimarzio pups, then there is the solid plastic Ibanez knobs that in my opinion are the closest you will find. Unfortunatly Dimarzio dont make knobs or dont make them in the same green that I have ever seen..

The photo below show my green knobs compared to the after Market, next to the dimarzios...

Last edited by IbanezFreak777; 03-30-2010 at 01:53 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 PM

I am using the solid plastic Ibanez ones, I agree they are the closest you can find.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Vendor

How close the match depends on when the pickups were made. The current Dimarzio green is WAY darker than the old green, and IMO nothing matches it that well.

Here's the new green with the solid base knobs

http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/images/2010/378.JPG

Here's the old green with the solid knobs

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/us...9/IMG_7383.JPG

The old green with the white base knobs

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/us...0/IMG_7585.JPG
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for shedding light on the subject. I guess its a no win situation: the solid base knobs appear to be the best bet.. Now i just need to justify spending $40 dollars for 3 pieces of plastic.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 03:07 AM

i wonder why DiMarzio can't use the same color either for the humbucker tops, single-coil covers and knobs? it's always plastic!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Hi.. Im probably one of the main sellors of Ibanez Knobs on 3bay... The cheap versions for $5 dont match the dimarzios, then you have the Neon white based ibanez knobs, that are to bright for the dimarzio pups, then there is the solid plastic Ibanez knobs that in my opinion are the closest you will find. Unfortunatly Dimarzio dont make knobs or dont make them in the same green that I have ever seen..

The photo below show my green knobs compared to the after Market, next to the dimarzios...

Yeah, I ordered a yellow set from you last month, quick shipping too to be from Australia.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 10:23 AM

Sorry for reopening a zombie thread but I just had to find out the hard way how little the new green Dimarzios match the nice neon green of older parts. First getting custom colors in Europe is not easy at a fair price so I had a friend bringing me an Air Norton and a Tone Zone in green which I ordered on ebay and had it shipped to a US address. But after putting them in my RG550 that already had green knobs, swithc tip and single coil I had to realize that i now have 3 green shades. The knobs (not sure what brand) are a nice neon green as you would expect from older Ibanez' as is the switch tip. The single coil cover is too light but still fairly neon (Allparts i think) and the Dimarzios are actually pretty dark green and not neon at all. Frustrating... even though it's just cosmetics it ruins the visual concept of my modified RG... grrrr.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 11:04 AM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
i wonder why DiMarzio can't use the same color either for the humbucker tops, single-coil covers and knobs? it's always plastic!
i actually got the answer from dimarzio themselves...they don't actually manufacture the plastic...it comes from a different manufacturer so they have very little control of the color itself (i wanted to order a pair of gravity storms for my 90 vbk...they told me that the greens wouldn't match right up front)...d.m.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 04:08 PM

The NEWest Dimarzio Green is very bright.
I get very inexpensive knobs and switch tips that match really well with the new pups.
guitarpartsonline.com

Tags
dimarzio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode