green meanie help - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

green meanie help

i bought a greenmeanie body from wayne charvel and now he dosnt want to sell necks and i am screwed because i cant find a neck with a 2 1/4" heel width! there 2 3/16 for the standard fender necks.
i tried warmoth they said they dont make custom necks. anyone have an idea where i can find one that looks like the old charvel neck which looks like a fender neck? LOL
i dont understand how he can make guitars and not offer the replacement necks. i pity anyone who buys a guitar from him and then needs a neck for some reason. i went on everyone's recomendation's about how great he is. i waited over a year for this guitar body and now this crap. i think his son now runs the business and he sucks in my opinion!
almost ebay time for this body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 05:12 AM

Re: green meanie help

You could get someone like Jeremy at LGM to make you one. It might cost a tad more than just buying a plain neck but you coud get it made to your spec exactly.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 09:03 AM

Unhappy Re: green meanie help

yeah that would be the best option. I really don't get the deal with these GM bodies. I mean why don't people just order a strat body from warmoth? It looks the same. Well anyway, yeah go to LGM guitars. Jeremy Rocks. Sorry this happened to you man. Does he give refunds?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

if i didnt paint it up already i would of took a refund but i am sure i wouldnt of got one LOL

what is the URL of LGM guitars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontalonis
yeah that would be the best option. I really don't get the deal with these GM bodies. I mean why don't people just order a strat body from warmoth? It looks the same. Well anyway, yeah go to LGM guitars. Jeremy Rocks. Sorry this happened to you man. Does he give refunds?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 05:29 PM

www.lgmguitars.com
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

ok contacted him and a few others just waiting on their emails.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 10:56 PM

You could also have the neck-pocket enlarged the 1/8th Inch and use a standard Strat neck...

That may cost less...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 04:06 PM
rgr

1/16" difference is only 1/32" (0.030") per side, get some 150 or 220 sandpaper and carefully sand the sides of the neck pocket, should take all of 30 minutes or less. I would advise getting a neck first and test fitting as you sand, but it's really not that big of a deal. You probably don't want to widen it by 1/8", that would be too much clearance, a nice snug, but not tight fit is best.

$0.02,
Roger
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 10:04 AM

I go to the Wayne page all the time, to check out guitars, but, I've heard WAY too many bad things, to even consider buying from them. And, WTF, why sell bodies that other necks won't fit, and NOT sell necks that will?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

actually fender = 2 3/16"
my wayne is = 2 1/4"
so it is a 1/16" bigger which would allow the neck to move around i guess.

i contacted the other guys you suggested but they only offer their headstocks because of legal purposes.

i had to actually have someone on here help me before get my body for me and he couldnt believe wayne was that way. but after he asked him i had my body a week later?

the thing that pisses me off the most is he said he would give me a deal on the neck because of the hassles with the guitar body. he gave me a great deal alright

think i will take some pics and hit ebay with it. it would of been neat to see it done.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

OK
i ordered a neck from warmoth and am going to try to wedge it.

does anyone have a closeup of the guitar necks head when it was in the black pickguard stage? the one on this site i cant zoom in to see what it says.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:06 PM

Well, it's probably too late, since you just said you ordered from Warmoth, but these guys make one slightly wider (2 5/16"), that you could touch up to get the extra 1/32" per side off. I was told that they may also do custom specs for you, too, but I don't know if that's true.

http://www.usacustomguitars.com/neckfeatures.html
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:44 PM

Sorry to hear the problems you had with WC! guess I won't be doing any business with him.

Regards

André

Tags
black pickguard , custom necks , guitar body , lgm guitars , strat body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode