Guilty Pleasures - C'mon, You Know You Want To lol - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2002, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Guilty Pleasures - C'mon, You Know You Want To lol

Take a look at this (if you dare).

Hey, I'm bored, and exhausted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 01:09 AM

Guilty Pleasures

Is it only me, or is that a tiny scale length guitar? The bridge position looks way too high up for it to be 25―".
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 02:11 AM

Guilty Pleasures

Aren't all PRS's 25" scale?

Besides, that should be renamed the "Rainforest De-forestation" 7 string.. It's one thing to use nice mohagany/rosewood, but not put up that they're from depleted(or almost) places as a feature..

Way too gaudy, IMO. Gold and Mammoth Ivory inlays, diamonds, is this a guitar or a Rolex?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 06:25 AM

Guilty Pleasures

*DROOL* I LIKE it! I had even contacted PRS about 7-strings at one point. They didn't exactly say yes, they didn't exactly say no... I guess this means yes!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 07:11 AM

Guilty Pleasures

yeah but it's a private stock, which means that it is several thousand more than a regular PRS, and is more or less a one-off custom piece. I think they're usually over 10k.

Still it is a beautiful guitar, and cool to see how they've done the 7 string theory.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 11:47 AM

Guilty Pleasures

That's a real beauty. I've always admired PRS guitars. But a private stock won't run you 10k...it all depends on your specifications. Also PRS charges for the man-hours on the guitar concernd...I believe the rate is 150 USD per hour. Pretty steep yes...!

One thing I could never comprehend is the obsession with the tiger eye colour on private stocks why do so many people like it so much? I mean yes, it is a nice colour but I just find it a tad too gaudy for my tastes...almost 80 percent of private stocks are tiger eye! Eeewwww!

Chris.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 12:17 PM

Guilty Pleasures

Some while ago, I bumped into this picture of a PRS seven string. (I think the picture came from a jemsite-brother). http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...prs7string.jpg

I also contacted PRS, with the question if they make seven string guitars.
They replied my e-mail with the following:
PRS does not make seven string guitars, and that guitar in the picture is a custom made.

Too bad, cuz it's a real beauty...
gold hardware, rippled abalone bird inlays..

Cheers,
Joten

(Edited by GhesQi J at 12:26 pm on Jan. 29, 2002)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 12:40 PM

Guilty Pleasures

I don't like the tiger eye, too in your face and probably about as tastefull as 70's style curtains in my eyes (you know, the lovely brown off yellow dark brown white style combinations). Although it probably wouldn't be out of place next to a leopard skin revolving waterbed...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Guilty Pleasures

I think it would be REALLY nice in a deep trans-blue or deep trans-red. *And, wait a second, are you trying to say there's at least TWO of these? *And what's the extra switch for? *Man I wish they'd give us some info we actually want, like electronics, neck size, body size, fret type, etc. *Rather than ONLY bragging about who's forest they ripped off. *:biggrin:
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 08:55 PM

Guilty Pleasures

Those are both insanely schweet no matter what the color but I definitely prefer the one with the trem. *

I'd have to hock every guitar I own to pick one of those up though....
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 12:40 AM

Guilty Pleasures

Joten I believe that Private stock 7 string PRS went to "Sounds Great" music in UK...

If you guys are into blue finishes PRS has a new finish out this Namm...it's called San Matteo Blue.

You can check it out here....very different from their usual Whale Blue

http://images.ofoto.com/photos207/3/...1303_0_ALB.jpg

Chris.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 06:52 AM

Guilty Pleasures

Links aren't working.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Guilty Pleasures

Links are working fine for me. *Very nice! *And I'd also have to hock all of YOUR guitars to get that PRS 7. *lol *I don't think they'd accept a Squire Strat as an equal trade. lol
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 12:46 PM

Guilty Pleasures

LOL!

I heard that the big man Paul is gonna do a trade with this guy for one of the first few production PRSs' for a Private stock to his specs! How lucky is that!!!

Chris.

Tags
beautiful guitar , bridge position , prs guitar , prs guitars , seven string guitars , squire strat , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode