Guitar Build - ET Guitars - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Guitar Build - ET Guitars

Just got an email from Ernie at ET Guitars in Sydney to say my Jem body is fresh out of the CNC machine....

The build begins!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8533015946/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 AM

Reviews: 13
Re: Guitar Build - ET Guitars

Nice. I caught up with Ernie on Saturday for the second time in his shop - absolutely great guy. Very passionate about guitars and building the best instruments possible.

Keep your eyes peeled over the next day or so to see the body he got made for me - incredible.

-Wolfram
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 AM

What??? What's he doin makin you guys bodies when he's 2 months overdue on my neck???

Oh well at least I know it'll be top notch when he finally finishes it... Just waiting on his neck to finish my Andrewsfury purple ice swirl Jem though so I'm getting really anxious! It's been 5 months now... Hey Wolf if you run into him put in a good word for me will ya?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean777 View Post
Just got an email from Ernie at ET Guitars in Sydney to say my Jem body is fresh out of the CNC machine....

The build begins!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8533015946/
Sweet! It's gonna be killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
Nice. I caught up with Ernie on Saturday for the second time in his shop - absolutely great guy. Very passionate about guitars and building the best instruments possible.

Keep your eyes peeled over the next day or so to see the body he got made for me - incredible.

-Wolfram
Awesome guy hey. I'll be commissioning something new from him to go with my custom 7 that he built at some point this year too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfssdude View Post
What??? What's he doin makin you guys bodies when he's 2 months overdue on my neck???

Oh well at least I know it'll be top notch when he finally finishes it... Just waiting on his neck to finish my Andrewsfury purple ice swirl Jem though so I'm getting really anxious! It's been 5 months now... Hey Wolf if you run into him put in a good word for me will ya?
Neck's take time. You never know, he could be making sure the wood's perfectly dry so you don't have to worry about redressing the fret ends when you get it. (fretboard shrinking due to humidity changes because the wood hasn't dried out makes for some sharp ends). When it's done it'll hopefully be as awesome as the work he's done for me.

Last edited by wilch; 03-06-2013 at 04:53 AM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfssdude View Post

Ernie has been very busy, he is a small operation. Quality work takes time. It is hard but the trick is to be patient, don't plan on getting your neck / body the very next day (as we all have become accustomed too in the age of the internet). You will get it and it will be great, it just takes time - like all things worth the wait.

-Wolfram
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 04:27 AM

P.S I did see a DNA neck he was building for a customer. Whoever the lucky guy is who is getting the neck they won't be dissappointed.

-Wolfram
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 AM

My PAW Universe neck is well over 6 months over.... Gotta be patient, as things don't always go according to plan... Hopefully I get it in March here...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 04:13 PM

Reviews: 15

Necks I can understand the length of time, but I would think he could crank out bodies rather quickly if he's using the CNC.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
P.S I did see a DNA neck he was building for a customer. Whoever the lucky guy is who is getting the neck they won't be dissappointed.

-Wolfram
I think that might be mine
I contacted Ernie in 2011 to make a DNA clone with sustainer route.
Well, that's a long wait, but it gave me enough time to save money and buy parts lol
I think it will be completed soon !
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

its been 6 weeks for me, Body only just been CNC'd... Ernie says ready late March-early april (full guitar built) but I think thats a bit optimistic!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 PM

Oh I know guys. His work is worth the wait. That comment was intended to be 95% kidding...

Ernie is a great guy & does top notch work. My custom neck is using a lot of premium woods for the build, etc... He may have had to wait to even get the materials in stock. I'd rather wait for perfection than get something less faster. I'm totally cool with Ernie and fully understand - I'm just excited to get this build done and PLAY IT!!!!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 11:56 PM

The wait for custom stuff is killer but oh so worth it!!!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 PM

Oh but it huuuuuuurrrrttttssss! It's like doing a weight set and trying to push that last rep out... C'mon... You can do it... C'MON!!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM

Completely understood. I'm looking forward to my replacement neck from Ernie for a UV7pwh and it has taken longer than anticipated - but I know it will be worth the wait based on the quality of his workmanship and passionate enthusiasm he has for doing the job right. If I had to choose between having it done right or having it done right now then I'll gladly choose the former.

Not gonna lie though - I do send a silent prayer to the guitar gods each night to grant his wood stock extra time to cure and dry so he can work on my order sooner...lol!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode