Guitar Center doesn't like 7+? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Angry Guitar Center doesn't like 7+?

Maybe its just the one in fort wayne, but at this guitar center, they have two seven strings, two Ibanez RG7321's, one was $369, and the other $359, with no marking way there was a $10 difference...some of the workers didn't even know that was such thing as a 7-string, let alone an 8 string!!! And I kinda wanted to play one of them, seeing that was no others, but they're on the top row!!! Cmon people...So I play for about an hour, every 5 minutes the same guy asks if I need help...Then I go over to the strings, and ask them if they have any .070's for my seven string...The guys 'says' that they have them, so I give him a list of single strings I would like to buy, including a 60, 63, an 53. He rings them up and hands them to me... realizing that they are .024, .022, etc.... He was looking at the Metric measurement. Whotf uses cm.?? plus they were .71 and .61, no zero being in there...I ask them if they have any in .070 inch strings...No. So I ask if they have any 7-string packs...One. WOOOW!! and guess what. Its a Ernie Ball Regular Slinky...Great...The one brand I don't like...10-56...Big ones there. Plus I didn't really think the guy even played guitar. He was probably some recording guy that was just seeing if he could help. Guess not. Anyone else have the same crappy Guitar Center? Acuatly, no guitar center, no caps for them. Hope they feel the pain of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:24 PM

Re: Guitar Center doesn't like 7+?

They tend to be a hit or miss when it comes the knowledge and service.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:25 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I've got a GC 5 minutes from my house but i've only been there three times and I don't really plan on going back unless I have to. The employees there are so unfriendly. I was playing a mexican Strat and the guy was eyeing me like I was a 10 year old playing a PRS 24 Custom or something. I have NEVER bought anything there. On the other hand, Sam Ash has got around two grand out of my pocket. The employees are extremely friendly and leniant on the discounts.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:35 PM

Reviews: 10
Angry Re: Guitar Center doesn't like 7+?

My friend is no news that Gutar Center went down the toilet long ago, I can't remember the last time I went there and said "Darn it they really have cool guitars here" as far as their customer service if you can call it that SUCKS BIG TIME!!! I've been to GC in Virginia, Texas, Hobbart, Burbank, Halstead, Villa Park,
Naperville and they all have one thing in common "Boring Guitars and Uninformed staff"
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

hmm i'll try sam ash, they have a store locater on their site? i haven't really seen one round fw
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:54 PM

Reviews: 6

Guitar Center ain't bad. I just wish they'd be a little better when you ordered gear. I've been waiting on an axe I ordered in MARCH!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

hmm nvm...i just order stuff from them, there's not one within 100 miles of fw...that sucks
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:06 PM

Reviews: 10
Lightbulb Re: Guitar Center doesn't like 7+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by At the End of the Leash
hmm nvm...i just order stuff from them, there's not one within 100 miles of fw...that sucks
Sorry to hear you're stuck with them!!! have you tried your town's small music shop, most of the time they have better service and ocassionally some really cool guitars (I've found rare jewels in those shops) check them out...
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

there is conser music, i<3that place, i'll try there. i think that it is the only one.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:38 PM

the one in Hollywood, CA is awesome if you find the guy working in the accessories section named Evan Brown. He's badass, knows what he's talking about, and his band (Shaimus) has a song on Guitar Hero.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:51 PM

I was actually just at the Ft Wayne Guitar Center and there were NO sevens to be had.

I asked them and they went "duh?"

Also, their wall of guitars is insanely lame. I'd say it's about 95% lame cheapo-low model stuff. I didn't see a single guitar with any stock EMGs or brand-name pickups at all.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 12:55 AM

Very few stores bother with 7-strings and I don't blame them. The market for 7-strings is tiny.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
Very few stores bother with 7-strings and I don't blame them. The market for 7-strings is tiny.
Agreed,

ALTHOUGH only tiny in comparison to the market for 6's

I don't wanna get kicked off jemsite by 1000 screaming 7 stringers

7's aside, I have also noticed a HUGE decline in EVERY facet of G.C.

I used to love G.C., but now it's back to M.S
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 02:13 AM

Here in my town only one shop has a 7 string (and has ever had) and it's a EBMM Silhouette with a FR.

Regards

André

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 02:15 AM

here they only carry 7321's (yuck IMO) I had to ORDER my 1527 and everyone wanted to play it when it came in

Tags
ebmm silhouette , electric guitar , epiphone les paul , ernie ball , les paul , les pauls , mexican strat , music store , sam ash , squier strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode