guitar that hooked you on Ibanez? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 09:42 PM

Re: guitar that hooked you on Ibanez?

The JEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:00 PM

1991 RG550...my first, my last, my everything

and then Simon Wilkins bastardized it!

~K
post #18 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:33 PM

RG!!! Duh :
specifically, the wizard neck the long sharp horns.
post #19 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:34 PM

What sold me initially many years ago was the body shape: really sharp looking Later Ibanez fueled it with something like RG-ART, JPM, vine inlay.

Alex
post #20 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:58 PM

My first Ibanez was a 1994 RG 450 DX WH that I bought back in 1996. 6 years after I started playing guitar. I was really hooked when I bought my first 7620 in 1998 though.
post #21 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zEr0
Went to this chick's house who had these little baby hangin' around un-played...

I gave it a test ride and I was in love forever. Never felt so comfortable on anything other than an Ibanez. They really are kick ass guitars!
Nice FGM.
post #22 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:51 PM

i remember when i first saw a picture of satriani playing an ibanez. he was the only guitar player i listened to besides alex lifeson (Rush) and i immediately needed to buy an ibanez. i guess i wasn't really hooked on any ibanez in particular, more or less hooked on a player that used ibanez.
post #23 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:15 AM

In 1992 or so I picked up an RG570 for $250 in a pawn shop without really knowing what it was. It didn't occur to me that it was anything particularly special, though I loved it (previously I had a strat). But over the next few years, I played all kinds of guitars and slowly it dawned on me that, holy cow, my little Ibanez really does kick mucho burrito.
post #24 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:41 AM

Evo.....
post #25 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:50 AM

I guess I'm still fairly new to Ibanez guitars (and to guitar playing in general). I don't exactly what which guitar was technically the first Ibanez guitar I ever played, but the guitar that made me say "OMG I MUST OWN AN IBANEZ GUITAR" was a 2004 S470DX. As soon as I put my hands on that neck I was completely hooked. I never actually bought that particular guitar and instead opted for RGs but I do still want one. Of course, what I REALLY want is a guitar that's exactly like an S series guitar but with a fixed bridge (or atleast a bridge that's not floating). I've tried those SA guitars and they are decent but the necks on them aren't nearly as comfortable.
post #26 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 01:08 AM

Universe UV777BK. My first Ibanez. Since dealt and replaced with a RG2027XVV and a RG7CTVV.
post #27 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 01:10 AM

Talking Re: guitar that hooked you on Ibanez?

I wanted a Rg long before I could play guitar. I didn't even know what is wizard neck, edge, etc..even the type of the guitar (RG), all I knew was : this is really cool guitar with Ibanez brand on it. sharp looking, cool inlays (sharkteeth), I have no idea how it plays, how it sounds, I just know I love it.

the first Rg i owned is RG 250 BK japan from 94. I sold it already and replace with a real deal RG 520 QS.
Now my collection is growing to 7 Rg's. And I ain't gonna stop
post #28 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 02:36 AM

Paul Gilbert's PGM300. As soon as I saw it, I fell in love with it. Ended up buying a JS instead though.
post #29 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 05:48 AM

My RG520QS . Was my first guitar (2 years ago) after 3 years of bass, and i just fell in love with it and bought it the same day i saw it. Now i have a custom RG1570 slowly being assembled and my brand new Prestige RG1527RB is on its way right now and im dying to see it! Ibanez rules, rocks and SHREDS!!!!!!
post #30 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
Nice FGM.
A bit fuzzy .

Regards

Andr

Tags
adrian smith , alex lifeson , body shape , bridge pickup , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , edge trem , electric guitar , eric johnson , fender strat , fixed bridge , flame maple , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gibson les paul studio , guitar collection , guitar playing , guitar shop , headstock shape , ibanez bass , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pgm , ibanez rbm , ibanez roadstar , iron maiden , jackson dinky , jem bsb , jem neck , john petrucci , les paul , les paul custom , les paul studio , les pauls , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , mirrored pickguard , monkey grip , morbid angel , music store , parker fly , paul gilbert , paul stanley , playing guitar , road flare red , sam ash , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , steve vai , texas prestige , thicker necks , triple rectifier , warmoth neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode