guitar that hooked you on Ibanez? - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 07:50 AM

Re: guitar that hooked you on Ibanez?

Ibanez RG270DX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 AM

Reviews: 6

The unfinished perfect neck feel of an early JEM. Of course at the time I couldn't afford it. The PGM series did it next for me.
post #33 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:54 AM

I'd always wanted a Universe, but it wasn't untill i went looking for a new guitar in college and played an s540ltd which i then bought that I got hooked. From then on it became an addiction an have been playing them ever since.
post #34 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:16 AM

My first guitar was a Roadstar II RS1300NT. I think it's an '85 or so. Played the $hit out of it for years! About 6 months after I got that, I got an RG560 in Grape Ice that I loved for years. Then came my first FP and in '93, I ordered a VWH at the NAMM Show. Still have the RS1300NT, but hundreds (literally) of others have come and gone.
post #35 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:21 PM

My buddy got an Rg760 back in 1989 that got me hooked, he still has it and it's a great guitar. I got an Rg570 and set it up with an EMG in the bridge, love it. Then I got my J-Custom, wow...I love Ibanez!
post #36 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 06:09 PM

The jem
post #37 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 07:22 PM

Steve Vai and his "EVO"
post #38 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:43 PM

i was given a japanese s series guitar as a christmas gift about 10 years ago...ever since then, i'm have bought ibanez guitars. i have a special place for in my heart (that my wife hates) for j customs.

the funny thing is, i have been a vai fan since his whitesnake days. never once did i try a ibanez because thats what he played....weird eh?

it's almost time to get another one..my gold2 is getting lonely
post #39 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 02:49 AM

Reviews: 34

Vai's multi-colour Universe, and the Jems.
post #40 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 08:30 AM

The SA160 got me hooked on Ibanez. It still rivals my Parker in terms of playability.
post #41 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 08:38 AM

My 2003 VWH got me hooked. I own 6 Ibanez now because of it. I used to be a Jackson fanatic til I got my VWH.
post #42 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 09:27 AM

The Ibanez that got me hooked was a 1980 AR-300 I bought new in Sam Ash. We were just starting to play three nights a week and I bought it because I was getting bored with my Les Paul Custom and needed another guitar anyway. What a fantastic guitar it was! It remained my main player until 89, when I got rid of it and got an FP. I only got rid of it because the neck was giving out, and was starting to twist. Steaming necks to straighten them was expensive and didn't always work, so off she went. The FP, while a fine instrument, never gave me the versatility that the AR did. Those ARs, man I tell 'ya. I should get another and relive my wild youth!
post #43 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:39 PM

if you go to guitar center or any big music store and look around the sharp horns of RG's on the wall really stand out. that's a big selling point to beginners. it worked on me!
post #44 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 08:43 AM

My first Ibanez was a Desert Yellow FGM-100. Couldn't afford a Jem at the time, but it would have been a Jem77FP because it's such a unique guitar.

The FGM was a fantastic guitar in terms of playability. The neck was thin and much much easier to play than anything else I tried. The only thing I didn't like about the FGM was the thin body. It was comfortable, but with less wood the overall tone seems to lack something. But I kept playing my FGM for 9 years until the next guitar which was my first Jem (BSB). There was no turning back after then FGM.
post #45 of 146 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 08:51 AM

My first Ibanez was a Desert Yellow FGM-100. Couldn't afford a Jem at the time, but it would have been a Jem77FP because it's such a unique guitar.

The FGM was a fantastic guitar in terms of playability. The neck was thin and much much easier to play than anything else I tried. The only thing I didn't like about the FGM was the thin body. It was comfortable, but with less wood the overall tone seems to lack something. But I kept playing my FGM for 9 years until the next guitar which was my first Jem (BSB). There was no turning back after then FGM.

Tags
adrian smith , alex lifeson , body shape , bridge pickup , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , edge trem , electric guitar , eric johnson , fender strat , fixed bridge , flame maple , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gibson les paul studio , guitar collection , guitar playing , guitar shop , headstock shape , ibanez bass , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pgm , ibanez rbm , ibanez roadstar , iron maiden , jackson dinky , jem bsb , jem neck , john petrucci , les paul , les paul custom , les paul studio , les pauls , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , mirrored pickguard , monkey grip , morbid angel , music store , parker fly , paul gilbert , paul stanley , playing guitar , road flare red , sam ash , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , steve vai , texas prestige , thicker necks , triple rectifier , warmoth neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode