guitar that hooked you on Ibanez? - Page 6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 146 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 04:42 AM

Re: guitar that hooked you on Ibanez?

my old red Ibanez RG770DX. It was a awsome guitar! i replaced the bridge pickup to a DiMarzio X2N. iw been trading guitars for a long time, but i have never come over a guitar that felt as great as the 770DX. well, maybe my current guitar, Ibanez American Master MAHH3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 146 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 05:41 AM

Reviews: 34

The Jem. The floral was the first I saw and played. Although the UVMC was probably the first I really thought WOW!!

It was actually the 777sk that really got me going though. Really after seeing those I would have bought anything with that headstock shape.
post #78 of 146 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 04:42 PM

I got my first Ibanez in '93 or '94. I think it was a RG470FMMT or something like that. Maple board, cream body binding, translucent orange finish with fake flame maple top. I loved that guitar. Wish I still had it.
post #79 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 01:52 PM

From the dead comes the thread.

I was hooked when I tried my Ibanez RG 560. I just love the neck. Its the best thing about the guitar (noting that Im a dual humbucker guy and I hate floyds). But I chose it because it felt right. I sold my Peavey Raptor a month or two before and I was guitarless and I had nothing to play on and it was driving me nuts so I just said I was going to have to get one right then. Ended up trading gear AND cash for the thing but damn was it ever sweet. Cheesiest flame job you've ever seen and if you want to see pics then I can post or PM them to you.

The moral of the story. I love Wizard necks and I always will. Hence my little not so clever name.
post #80 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 02:04 PM

Easy!!
I bought an Ibanez RG450R in 1990 after a mate of mine told me that they were pukka guitars.
He was right (even though he was a drummer!) and I still have it!!! it has its original pups and it plays better now than it ever has.

Its a lovely guitar in some sort of metallic blue, its covered in chips and dings but I still love it, I was gonna mod it a while back and have it swirled and stuff but when I thought about it seriously, I just thought... Nah! ill do it to another guitar, my blue RG is almost in semi retirement now, and when I buy my JEM I think that I will frame it on the wall!
post #81 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 02:33 PM

Seeing pictures of Jems around the passion & warfare time.Just remember thinking what a perfectly shaped,well proportioned guitar.Really fancied a floral,but had just bought my kramer stagemaster,so never had the cash.No regrets though,still got my "stagey",and its very rare to see another.Anyway,got an RG270 when i was living in a bedsit (after my marriage ended),coz i wanted a cheap but good guitar rather than worry about losing anything expensive!For a cheapie i really like the pups,shame about the trem tho My Jem dream finally came true a few weeks ago,my 7vwh is very very loved
post #82 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 04:50 PM

S540LTD. Not my first guitar...but my first Ibanez. haven't looked back since.

I was going to buy a Jackson, but the guy at the guitar shop said to try the Ibanez. I was skeptical, but tried anyway. It played and felt so much better than the Jackson, I had to get it. Plus, it was less expensive. It has been a great guitar for the last 16 years and I'm still enjoying it. Can't ask for much more than that.

Long live the thread from the dead.
post #83 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
Seeing pictures of Jems around the passion & warfare time.Just remember thinking what a perfectly shaped,well proportioned guitar.Really fancied a floral,but had just bought my kramer stagemaster,so never had the cash.No regrets though,still got my "stagey",and its very rare to see another.Anyway,got an RG270 when i was living in a bedsit (after my marriage ended),coz i wanted a cheap but good guitar rather than worry about losing anything expensive!For a cheapie i really like the pups,shame about the trem tho My Jem dream finally came true a few weeks ago,my 7vwh is very very loved
Glad to hear you finally got your JEM. Congrats on the new guitar.
post #84 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 05:14 PM

Jem 7vwh
post #85 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 09:54 AM

A blue RG 570 I bought second hand from my local guitar store back in 1995. Had to sell it in 2001 to survive college life. Been a Ibanez user ever since.
post #86 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 06:23 PM

i walked into my local guitar shop. i was 13 and they had 2 brand new USA customs ... the first runs from that shop. i got all nervous someone was going to buy it and i had my parents co-sign on a loan for it. i went from a p.o.s. applause to a USA Custom ... i've been hooked on ibanez ever since.

it was "The Necromancer's Castle" and i remember playing my friends RG550's and thinking ... these are crap compared to this guitar. it was the first run of USA customs ... got it for jsut over $1000 i think.

i then hawked it when i got married (needed the $ and i wasn't actively playing) to Daddy's Junky Music Store in Salem NH ... DIE YOU BASTARD SCUMBAGS!!! ... for $300 in '97. $300!!

what a disaster move that was ... been trying to find it since.
post #87 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 06:32 PM

Thumbs up Re: guitar that hooked you on Ibanez?

i was like u texshred and i was really into srv and hendrix stuff but then i got the crossroads guitar festival dvd and saw steve vai play and i fell in love with his guitar, and now i listen to vai a lot and i am saving up for a jem
post #88 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 06:59 PM

1981 Red Destroyer II, while watching Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast video back in 1982.
post #89 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 07:24 PM

Talking Re: guitar that hooked you on Ibanez?

Well...

A long-time friend of mine from highschool his father owned *the* music store in the city where I grew up. His dad had been a '60's guitarslinger and had begun the best store around from the money he had made then. They always had the latest and greatest in all kind of instruments. (And they still do).

We always used to hang out in the store and play and stuff. I remember walking in one day and they had a signed 777LNG, an early number, I believe it was #127 or so. It had the handrest I remember. It was *the* sensation in the guitar player community in my town. I was into custom guitars made out of all kind of (cheap) parts. My main axe was a strat hammer body with a warmoth neck with an early floyd and stacked dimarzios then. I didn't care about Ibanez. My friend and I would build guitars out of spareparts all the time.

When I saw the Jem I fell in love inmediately. When I played it, I was hooked. A little later the FP came out... I was 18 or 19 then, and no way I could afford a $3000 guitar!!! I remember dreaming about having one...

Man, the FP was then the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I couldn't afford one though, so I tried the RG series, loved it and begun to use these. When I had some dough later, I was into SRV and bought mostly fenders.

Nowadays I play Jems and RGs and a few "legacy" instruments I have around. I just acquired an UV, and will make good use of it.

And that was my "Ibanez story" folks...

Regards,

D.
post #90 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgos
And that was my "Ibanez story" folks...
Hm. Needs more cowbell.

Tags
adrian smith , alex lifeson , body shape , bridge pickup , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , edge trem , electric guitar , eric johnson , fender strat , fixed bridge , flame maple , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gibson les paul studio , guitar collection , guitar playing , guitar shop , headstock shape , ibanez bass , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pgm , ibanez rbm , ibanez roadstar , iron maiden , jackson dinky , jem bsb , jem neck , john petrucci , les paul , les paul custom , les paul studio , les pauls , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , mirrored pickguard , monkey grip , morbid angel , music store , parker fly , paul gilbert , paul stanley , playing guitar , road flare red , sam ash , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , steve vai , texas prestige , thicker necks , triple rectifier , warmoth neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode