Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 879
Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

Can anyone recommend a good, preferably affordable (under $1500) 24-3/4" scale guitar with an original Floyd Rose? I don't see too many things in this range. Its all Chinese Deans and then expensive stuff with nothing in between. I've seen some ESP LTD models, but I'm not sure about the "LTD" part. Carvin can make an affordable 25" scale with a Floyd, but I'm looking for something off the rack. My first guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and sometimes I really dig that loose feel on the strings and the smaller frets. I wanna get that on a better guitar with an original Floyd Rose. Unfortunately, I've played 25 1/2 for years and I'm just not familiar with what's worth buying.
RedTiger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 11:41 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 387
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

Some that I know of: Probably many more thats all I got off the top of my head

Caparison Horus
Kramer Nightswan
Jackson Fusion
Peavey Vandenberg
ESP LTD EC-1000
ESP Maverick
Charvel 750XL
corpraider69 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 879
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

To clarify: I'm looking for something new, as in still in production and commonly found.

I guess to narrow it down a bit, what's the deal with LTD? I understand that they're the budget versions of ESPs, but some of them are still pretty expensive for being "budget". An LTD EC-1000 is nearly $1000. While not super expensive, is still a lot considering the price of an Ibanez prestige or a USA Charvel.
RedTiger is offline  
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 02:15 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 148
Reviews: 10
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

you can definitely tell a difference when playing an ESP or an Ltd. you just can, like an epi to a gibby...
but, Ltd's kick the trunk out of most guitar manufacturers nowadays, i still haven't played one that i don't like...
if you really want something that's going to hold together, get Ibby Prestige, a Charvel, or an ESP/Ltd
oh, and another thing... go to ESP's japan site, they have much more models over there than we do in america so you might find what you're looking for on that site:
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/index2.html
jemmaniac is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 879
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmaniac View Post
you can definitely tell a difference when playing an ESP or an Ltd. you just can, like an epi to a gibby...
but, Ltd's kick the trunk out of most guitar manufacturers nowadays, i still haven't played one that i don't like...
if you really want something that's going to hold together, get Ibby Prestige, a Charvel, or an ESP/Ltd
oh, and another thing... go to ESP's japan site, they have much more models over there than we do in america so you might find what you're looking for on that site:
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/index2.html
Did you read my original post?

Last time I checked, my prestige wasn't 24-3/4" But thank you anyway.
RedTiger is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 08:08 AM
 
jb4674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA - USA
Posts: 4,613
Reviews: 18
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

How about if you google it?

Jimmy
jb4674 is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 11:24 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

Gotta agree with what the previous guys have said. Some great suggestions. For me I'd go for a Caparison Horus. They are amazing guitars, okay they don't have an OFR but the Schaller/Floyd Rose which they do have is a much better system than any FR for me. I think Schaller made the original Floyd Roses as well.
IbanezDaemon is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 12:09 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 148
Reviews: 10
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

why does it have to be a 24-3/4"?
jemmaniac is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 879
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
How about if you google it?

Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTiger View Post
Can anyone recommend a good, preferably affordable (under $1500) 24-3/4" scale guitar with an original Floyd Rose? I don't see too many things in this range. Its all Chinese Deans and then expensive stuff with nothing in between. I've seen some ESP LTD models, but I'm not sure about the "LTD" part. Carvin can make an affordable 25" scale with a Floyd, but I'm looking for something off the rack. My first guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and sometimes I really dig that loose feel on the strings and the smaller frets. I wanna get that on a better guitar with an original Floyd Rose. Unfortunately, I've played 25 1/2 for years and I'm just not familiar with what's worth buying.
See above.

Google doesn't provide recommendations, just information.

Last edited by RedTiger; 09-12-2009 at 12:48 PM.
RedTiger is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 879
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Gotta agree with what the previous guys have said. Some great suggestions. For me I'd go for a Caparison Horus. They are amazing guitars, okay they don't have an OFR but the Schaller/Floyd Rose which they do have is a much better system than any FR for me. I think Schaller made the original Floyd Roses as well.
Too bad those are about twice the price I originally mentioned. Thank you though.

Last edited by RedTiger; 09-12-2009 at 12:47 PM.
RedTiger is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 879
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmaniac View Post
why does it have to be a 24-3/4"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTiger View Post
Can anyone recommend a good, preferably affordable (under $1500) 24-3/4" scale guitar with an original Floyd Rose? I don't see too many things in this range. Its all Chinese Deans and then expensive stuff with nothing in between. I've seen some ESP LTD models, but I'm not sure about the "LTD" part. Carvin can make an affordable 25" scale with a Floyd, but I'm looking for something off the rack. My first guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and sometimes I really dig that loose feel on the strings and the smaller frets. I wanna get that on a better guitar with an original Floyd Rose. Unfortunately, I've played 25 1/2 for years and I'm just not familiar with what's worth buying.
^^^^^
Read that. It was all in my original post, guys.

Last edited by RedTiger; 09-12-2009 at 12:48 PM.
RedTiger is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 879
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

I think I've got the information I need now. Thanks.
RedTiger is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 01:14 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 387
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

So Red tiger what did you find out how bout sharing with the group?
Which way are you thinking of going?
the cheapest option that is good is a used jackson fusion you can find them for cheap and they are pretty nice!
corpraider69 is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 02:18 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpraider69 View Post
So Red tiger what did you find out how bout sharing with the group?
Which way are you thinking of going?
the cheapest option that is good is a used jackson fusion you can find them for cheap and they are pretty nice!
Yeah I like those Jackson Fusions. As Corpraider also suggested, Kramer Nightswan, Peavey Vandenberg and Charvel 750xl are all beauties if you can find any of those models for sale. I intend to own all 3 of those at some point. Great guitars!!
IbanezDaemon is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 04:55 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,221
Re: Guitar recommendation: 24-3/4" with OFR?

Doesnt one of those new Charvels (the "made in usa" "under 1k" ones) have a short scale?
marianozz is offline  
Reply

Tags
24-3/4" , original floyd rose

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: "Shred Guitar" by Paul Hanson and "7-String Guitar" by Andy Martin gkelm Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 2 03-15-2009 11:01 PM
New Guitar from me, Jaden Rose "proto shadow" guitar 1 - for sale now. Jaden Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk 0 12-19-2008 05:26 PM
Custom Guitar Builders Recommendation rlintz All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 17 01-03-2008 04:27 PM
Guitar Recommendation? rlintz All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 14 02-04-2006 03:16 AM
guitar necks recommendation Jing All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 0 01-10-2006 09:25 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome