Guitar in Spinal Tap - Some kind of Ibanez - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Guitar in Spinal Tap - Some kind of Ibanez

Has anyone either seen Spinal Tap II or the beginning of the first one that has the previews for Spinal Tap II. It has some sort of Ibanez but I'm not sure what kind. It kind of looks like one of the Herc painted Donnie Hunt guitars but I'm not sure. The only time that I have seen this is in the previews for the second movie and they play a music video of theirs called bitch school. Does anyone know what kind this is?

Ruby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 02:47 PM
Vendor

Guitar in Spinal Tap

It's Nigel's Donnie, it's real, not a 'copy', although I've never seen the vid and would love to, I know that he owns one.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 07:43 AM

Guitar in Spinal Tap

Actually it's David St. Hubbins playing the Donnie....

and as I've said before..
I'd love to hang out and talk to you guys, but I've got to go sit in the lobby and wait for the limo.

G.M.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 09:30 AM

Guitar in Spinal Tap

Donnie? It looks like the JS models from early 90's...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 10:54 AM
Vendor

Guitar in Spinal Tap

Cool, I wonder if it's Nigels or if he has one also. First pic I've seen of it, wish it was a better pic, but I'm not complainin! Thanks Mike
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 12:28 PM

Guitar in Spinal Tap

I remember the issue of Guitar World/School/FPM with 'Tap on the cover...with Nigel holding his Donnie. *

In true Spinal Tap style, Nigel gives a "lesson" in the magazine. *He speaks of how to get your hair cut like Jeff Beck's and a "nut cozy" (a little piece of felt on the bottom edge of your nut so you don't hurt your hands when sliding down. *LMAO!) *Oh, and of course, the secrets to Nigel's trademark facial expressions- with pictures!

Probably the best guitar lesson EVER in any magazine. *I read it in the lobby while waiting for the limo with Mike.

(If I can find the magazine, I'll scan in the pic for ya)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 12:32 PM
Vendor

Guitar in Spinal Tap

Please!! Find and scan that puppy so I can file it too Now if I could just get a shot of Iggy Pop's pink Don!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 03:10 PM

Guitar in Spinal Tap

I am looking at this issue right now (GW April 1992). The Donnie is featured in the Tufnel lesson, no full pics though. Elsewhere he is holding the Marshall stack guitar. Lesson is damn funny Scans?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 03:12 PM
Vendor

Guitar in Spinal Tap

Please!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 04:00 PM

Guitar in Spinal Tap

Oops- my bad. *

Now I remember the cover: *Nigel with his Marshall Stack guitar (in "full stack" mode) made by Jackson. *I think there was a contest to win it....and/or a lesson with Yngwie. *

Something like that.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 04:12 PM

Guitar in Spinal Tap

Kevan, yep, that's right.

Rich, here's a couple of little pics from the lesson and links to the full page scans (didn't want to fill up the whole thread with big jpgs).

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

It's worth a read, for a laugh
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 04:32 PM
Vendor

Guitar in Spinal Tap

Interesting reading, as you might expect! Do me a HUGE favor and get a HUGE scan (cropped) of Photo I, shows most of the body anyway. Email it to me so no more forum bandwidth gets used. Thanks!!!

Definately a different Donnie, I'm jealous, they have *2*!!! :biggrin: Now, anybody have a pic of Iggy's?!?! He used it in a TV commercial years ago.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

Guitar in Spinal Tap

That's hillarious! Did anyone see them on The List on VH1? The topic was the 3 greatest rock 'n' roll moments in history. The only one that I really remember was Nigel's
1) The Panama Canal
2) King Tut's Tomb
3) King Tut's Tomb

Ending with a great quote from the movie:
"Well slime molds are so close to being both plant and animal that it's like they can't make up their minds. And they're starting to think that maybe they've been running the world this whole time." - David St. Hubbins

Tags
jeff beck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode