Guitar Time! - need some opinions u guru's - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Guitar Time! - need some opinions u guru's

Hey guys, thanks to the inefficiency of the un employment office, ill be getting right around 800 bucks all total. so of course, i used my tax returns for bills, and oh yes, its guitar time.

I ALMOST sprung for a MIM Strat, and a 4 track tape recorder for my band. but now ive decided that i want to spend as much as i can get away with on an axe ill truely be happy with. *Im trying to limit myself to 5 or 600 bux. *so far ive come up with an RG570, an RG421, an S-470, an SCA220, or an AR250......hell even an IC300 (iceman). Ive pretty much ruled out non ibanez guitars. the only other brand i would play is peavey or fender at this point.

one by one..
the 570 is a really nice guitar, but i have a 270, is there really a need to not own a guitar with a fixed bridge? tuning them is a bastage!
the RG-421 looks really attractive at this point, but then i would have 2 guitars, SAME guitar, one with a trem one without. thats pushing neurotic.
S470. VERY nice guitar, but again, thicker neck, and it has a trem, might as well go 570.
SCA220. only S classic i can afford not a bad guitar, but ive only played the 420. and it had diff electronics.
the AR250 ive never played but ive heard rave reviews. same neck a the S classics, and its mahogany with maple. and less than 600 bux. *but with tax it seriously pushes what i wanted to spend
the Iceman.......well it looks cool for 500 bux. but ive only played the millenium one and that cheap POS had an intollerable balance problem.

Option #3 is a slightly cheaper guitar and a 2x12 cab. a nice carvin is only 220 bux *shrugs*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 03:56 PM

Guitar Time!

Ken,
sell the 270 and get the 570 (with a nice couple pick-ups on)

OR

replace the pick-ups on the 270 and get the 2x12"

what do you want to play?
do you need both trem/non trem?
what's wrong with the 270, since you replaced the TRS with an Edge?
don't you like her pick-ups?
don't you like her neck?
also, why are you considering guitars that you don't like (because of the neck, or the balance)?

the choice is yours.

your ol' buddy
nuno
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 06:26 PM

Guitar Time!

i'm with nuno, get rid of the 270

if you consider used, you can get a USA custom for 500~600 of ebay, i think.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 07:28 PM
YJM

Guitar Time!

I'd go for an RG570 and then spend the change on some DiMarzios.

You might also want to check out some used guitars (on eB*y, for example), there're always some bargains around.

-Bill
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Guitar Time!

Welp, i love my 270. i really dont want to part with it, and besides, after my bad routing job id be lucky to get 50 bucks for it. it sounds n plays awesome, ive just got the incurable need for more guitars *shrugs* im sure you all know what i mean hehe
its got all after market pups in it, and im happy with them all. it plays nice, feels GREAT since i cleaned up the knife edges. I just need somthing else. Im leaning more towards the fixed bridge guitars, so when we are jamming or have a small show and i break a string, i just swap guitars, and not stand there like an idiot for 15 minutes tuning it back up. but thats more of a really minor thing.

Nuno, i like all of those guitars, i have no complaints with any of them, the debate is just if i SHOULD by them at this point. again its RG 570 vs S -470 *the RG would probably win, then 570 vs SCA220.....never played one, so 570 vs 421.....and its there i get lost. once i get into fixed bridges theres far too many choices!! the 421, SCA220, the AR250, ect

I just dont know! i went to the music store today and my head almost exploded!

Tags
fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , ibanez guitars , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode