Guitars I wish I kept Part 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Guitars I wish I kept Part 5

UV777
[URL=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/satchmo72/media/UV777/P1010424.jpg.html][/URL

540P White

Cant find a pic of the American Deluxe Strat I had that I got from Jason

Cant find the pic of the Premium Plus Les Paul either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 05:10 AM

Re: Guitars I wish I kept Part 5

I'm crying in my hands about you getting rid of that 540p white
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newblues View Post
So am I, i tried to buy that guitar back a few times.

I dont really give some things a chance, or something comes up.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM

Dude, you didnt need to make like 5 threads for this. You could just post multiple times in 1 thread.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Uhhh, try it. You are only allowed to post 7 images in one thread. I can delete them if they are offensive.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
Uhhh, try it. You are only allowed to post 7 images in one thread. I can delete them if they are offensive.
Not that they are offensive, I just thought it might be spamming, thats all. Didnt know only 7 images allowed per thread.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I guess it could be considered spamming if I did not have 1500 posts.

Thought people might like to see what has slipped through my hands. It is a testament to our gassiness.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
Yeah, I guess it could be considered spamming if I did not have 1500 posts.

Thought people might like to see what has slipped through my hands. It is a testament to our gassiness.
BTW, you've had a ton of JS models, how to do they feel? I've never actually been able to pick one up before so I dont really know how they compare to a JEM or an RG. Oh I was in Tokyo last weekend and one store i wwent to had this beauty:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JS silver surfer2.jpg (27.3 KB, 1 views)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

I have had a ton of Radius 540R series guitars which was the predecessor to the JS. The JS's I did have felt like home. The biggest difference between the RG and JS/Radius series to me is the comfort, the JS body sits so nicely against you, it is contoured to do that. JS necks are more stratish than the thin Wizards that are on a lot of the RG's. The neck of a JS is also 42mm at the nut whereas a lot of the RG's are 43mm. Little less cramped.

The beauty you were looking at looks to be a JS20th, not a JS20thS. Japanese build and probably an awesome guitar but it will not be cheap. If you want to try out a JS, the JS1000BP's are out there in droves and would be a good start.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newblues View Post
Of all the guitars you posted, this one also made me the most sad. I can't believe you got rid of that.

BTW, it's 7 images per POST. You just make a bunch of subsequent posts in the same thread. I do it all the time.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 PM

Reviews: 2

Me too...................

This is the one out of all your threads that makes me feel bad for you. What a gorgeous guitar........ It actually makes me sad.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, it was, dont know what I was thinking there, the 540P I had longed for for a long time due to one album cover, Dreaming 11. Always wanted one, got one but my usual operating mode reared its' ugly head and I sold it. I have tried to buy that guitar back a couple of times.

Doh, did not think about just replying to my own thread!!!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 03:02 AM

satchmo72, you've had so many beautiful guitars!!! I can't even bring myself to let one go (keep telling myself it's too much of a hassle to deal with other people), can't imagine selling as many as you have.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 AM

There are a couple things which can kind of kill those old Roadstar Pro models for you. The first are the frets. I'm not sure if they were always an issue or if this is just an "old guitar" problem, but both necks I've had have suffered from a high fret in the upper range. My '87 Saber had a high 19th or 20th fret, which really killed sustain if you were playing above the 12th fret. The neck I have on my 540P is much better, but still suffers from a high fret. These are obviously simple fixes, but it does mean that they don't play great to begin with. This was one of the main reasons I wanted to see the '88 Radius, so see what the frets were like.

The other "problem", which doesn't seem to be an issue with the guitar above, is the IBZUSA pickups. They're definitely much more vintage sounding than any of the later F-series pickups. That may or may not be an issue depending on what you like. The guitar above appears to have a JB in the bridge, which is oddly the same pickup I have in my 540P.

Jeff, it's funny that you sold the 540P to fund a Herc guitar. You should have just had a Herc 540P!

Last edited by Takin' a Ride; 02-19-2014 at 07:31 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Sometimes I dont know exactly what I dont like about a guitar, just that I cant get along with it. Sometimes it has been exactly as you described, lack of sustain or tiny frets.

I about pulled the trigger on that one!!!!!!! As soon as I saw you build that thing, I knew I should have grabbed it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode