Guitars you sold/traded/stolen that you wish you still had - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 25
oh yeah, I had a beautiful 1985 Gibson V Bass in transparent blue. Now I hate Gibson basses but just to have this as a collectors piece would be great. I still have the custom case for it. The case was like $300. I sold that bass to a friend for nothin... maybe I should contact him...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 02:12 AM

My First FP................

Replaced the pups with a Fred Neck a Fast Track2 middle and a X2N Bridge then hand painted them to match the Floral Pattern so they blended in with the body....

Always regretted selling that axe but then again the house came first
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 02:40 AM

My Epi Les Paul.. A year after I sold it I hunted it down and bought it back
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 06:33 AM

Definitely my Washburn Swamp Ash N4. I hated the trem, I should have just replaced it or blocked it. I loved the feel and tone of that guitar, it played so nicely. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to afford another someday.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 02:55 PM

1973 Fender Stratocaster - Black w/ maple board & hardtail bridge. My Clapton phase. Even had the chrome "ashtray" bridge cover plate. Paid $300.00 for it from a pawn shop downtown. Traded as a down payment for another axe.

1977 Gibson Flying V - Clear finish over natural mahogany body. My Michael Schenker phase. Bought brand new for $300.00 + my '73 Strat. Traded straight up for my 1982 Kramer USA Pacer. I still have the Kramer though!

1983 Kramer Focus 2000 MIJ - Candy Apple Red w/ rosewood board & first generation original Floyd Rose. Bought used for $180.00 in 1987 to use as a backup to my Pacer. Scrapped it for parts in 1991 when I built my Warmoth Swamp Ash Strat. Only thing left of the Focus is the body, neck & pickguard.

198? Gibson Les Paul Studio - Ivory White finish w/ rosewood board, dot markers & gold hardware & pickup covers. Bought used from my neighbor for $350.00. Neck was too clunky. I traded it straight up to the lead vocalist in my band at the time for his 1982 Ovation Glen Campbell 12 string.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 10:19 PM

1985 Dean Z - All black bound body, soft v shaped neck with bound ebony fingerboard and abalone dots. Dimarzio pickups.

1982 Ibanez AR-300. Blows any Les Paul away - Double cutaway with bound mahogany body with maple top. Bound ebony board with pearl/Abalone blocks.

Late 80's BC Rich USA Tony MacAlpine model with snakeskin finish.

Mid 80's Les Paul Standard.

Wow... that brings back memories!!!
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 09:55 AM
deleted username

No real regrets, but I will own a JEM10 again someday.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 12:36 PM

No regrets on selling my old Ibanez Radius or PRS... but damn, I wish I still had my 1983 Fender Tele Elite... DAMNIT!!!
I miss that guitar so much- black with rosewood fretboard- mint condition. Active pickups, and the 2 mini-humbuckers went from single-coil to humbucker via the twist of a knob... so you could blend-in a bit more humbuckerish sound rather than just a toggle on/off. Beautifull, glassy, round sound.
Traded it in for $300 toward an amp I no longer own.

-Ben
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastofLove
No regrets on selling my old Ibanez Radius or PRS... but damn, I wish I still had my 1983 Fender Tele Elite... DAMNIT!!!
I miss that guitar so much- black with rosewood fretboard- mint condition. Active pickups, and the 2 mini-humbuckers went from single-coil to humbucker via the twist of a knob... so you could blend-in a bit more humbuckerish sound rather than just a toggle on/off. Beautifull, glassy, round sound.
Traded it in for $300 toward an amp I no longer own.

-Ben
I guess this shows how different people can be! When I resd that you didn't miss your Radius (I love these) or your PRS (really nice sounding guitars) but you missed your Tele (the ugliest guitar invented, IMHO) it made me cringe.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 04:35 PM
EKG

2 VWH's
GMC - Thanks Rikk, your welcome Rich
JEM10
EB/MM EVH - The most beautiful blue quilt I have ever seen!
JS6 - Your welcome Rikk
DONNIE - Your welcome Rich
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 07:36 PM

80s Yamaha SG2000 (LP killer) & JPM P3.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Vendor

Thanks

and THANKS

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 03:07 AM

Well, I wouldn't have sold any of my guitars if I had the cash to keep buying new stuff. Unfortunately for me, I gotta get rid of stuff to get new stuff. NEW STUFF RULES...but I wish I kept my UV777BK, BCRich Warlock 7-string, & my 12-string bass.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 06:23 AM

My DBK and JS1000!!!
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 08:58 AM

Waaah

My Washburn KC100. I loved that guitar sooo much.
When that final day of judgement comes, the low-life scumbag who stole it will have to face me. And i will have my largest steel toe-capped arse-kicking boots close at hand. Or foot.

I had it for a year, played 2 gigs a week with it, rhearsed/practiced everyday and i never broke a string on it. It had the most gorgeous flame top and a though neck and...

Will you excuse me, i need to go cry.

Tags
abalone dots , candy apple red , def leppard , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , double cutaway , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , egnater tol , epi les paul , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fixed bridge , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , gibson les paul standard , gibson les paul studio , hardtail bridge , ibanez jcrg , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , jem pmc , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les paul studio , mahogany body , mahogony body , michael schenker , monkey grip , neck finish , neck pickup , peavey vandenberg , peavey wolfgang , pickup cover , rich warlock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , sounding guitar , string bass , sunburst finish , swamp ash , tony macalpine , twin reverb , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode