Guitars you sold/traded/stolen that you wish you still had - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 25
Guitars you sold/traded/stolen that you wish you still had

This might be fun, it also might make some of us think about what a%*&holes we can be....

Here's guitars I sold or had stolen that I wish i still had.

ESP Mirage Custom (gumby green) sold for $400
ESP Mirage Custom (sea mist green) (stolen) (oh yeah the truck it was in was stolen too)
Fender Jazz Bass (1972?) sold for ?? (too little)
Hamer Scarab Bass (Def Leppard type) gave to friend

I can't even list the stuff I traded into Guitar Center... without weeping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 11:33 PM

Ibanez JPM2! Aaaaahhh!! Why, God?? Why?!
~Adam
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 11:42 PM

Reviews: 3
JEM7PBK, UV777BK... not a guitar, but definately my Egnater TOL100.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 11:51 PM

Stolen by some useless mother [email protected] out there somewhere!!!

UV7BK, so many memories.

Sold with regret,

Washburn EC29 (went towards purchase of the UV7BK, but didn't get anywhere near enough money out of it)
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 12:15 AM

I sold my Jem PMC, what the Hell was I thinking? Thats my biggest regret and mistake of ALL time.

I had to let go of my UV(newest one), I will get another most likely, unless I like my custom made one so much I don't care anymore.

My American Strat that I customized, I miss it.
Big Apple Strat
RG7CST I miss it too

I think thats it, but I have sold alot of stuff way to cheap, I don't regret letting it go, but wished I had more patience selling it and get what its worth.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 01:42 AM

My wonderful father bought me a brand new wine red Gibson Les Paul Custom in 1977 and I got rid of it in 1981. It cost $636.00 and I played the crap out of it but there was something wrong with the neck so I traded to a guy for a Strat because I thought I couldn't live another second without whammy bar. I wish I had kept it just for the sentimental value but also because I think I could have gotten the neck fixed and I now play a Les Paul Custom every night and never touch my whammy bar guitars.

Kent
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 01:55 AM

Where to begin?
My first real guitar..A 1990 Peavey Vandenberg I had custom painted a Purple/Black color. Traded it for a bass when I was in a band.
My Gibson LP Studio Lite M3, That's right, the one with the H-S-H...Traded w/my stepdad and he sold it within a month.
My first Rg-3120. Not as nice a flame top as the one I have now, but I SWEAR it was better sounding.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 05:08 AM

Reviews: 2
I traded a Washburn N3 as I wanted my Eggle and there was some wiring problems. But those guitars are in short supply. If I see one going cheap in the UK I'll buy one again. The neck pickup sounds great.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 05:52 AM

Custom RG/JEMalike. This baby had a lovely 22fret s-series neck placed onto a mahogony body with flame birchwood top (and monkey grip) with a very deeply routed trem cavity. Translucent purple sunburst finish. Loved that guitar and was absolutely gutted when some *$&*&^%^&"%* stole it. I got the UV back that was nicked, but this one is the one I wanted to come home more than anything

Maybe I should build another one! :P
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 07:07 AM

My 1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial. First guitar I ever loved.

My 1988 H-H jewel blue Radius. Always regretted selling that.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo
I traded a Washburn N3 as I wanted my Eggle and there was some wiring problems. But those guitars are in short supply. If I see one going cheap in the UK I'll buy one again. The neck pickup sounds great.
Ooh yes the old N3, the Japanese version of the N2. only 70 made it into the UK with a list price of 650. (Back when you could get a BFP for 999)

I've heard rumours that there's going to be a new "N3" that's a Korean version of the N4, Stephens cutaway and everything!!!

But my regret is my stolen GMC, 915893. One of the best swirls ever. It was a dog and a half to play. But nearly 10 years later I'm sure I could have done more to get it to play as good as it looked.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 10:21 AM

Out of the 150+ guitars that I've had over the years, there are only a handful that I actually miss/regret selling:

-Ibanez JS-3 "Donnie": I really liked the finish, but...didn't care much for the feel of the guitar. I kinda half-miss it. I just loved the finish!

-'64 Fender Strat, all original: got it after I sold the Donnie. Damn I shoulda kept it! But...it DID pay for a semester of college...what a waste of a great guitar!

-'93 Gibson Les Paul Standard Birdseye Limited in natural: bought it brand new...gorgeous guitar! I truly miss it

-EB/MM Van Halen model: I got the first one in Colorado when they came out. It was an incredible purple quilted top, with the fixed bridge. Shoulda kept that one!

-1965 Martin D-28: GORGEOUS guitar! Brazillian Rosewood model. Incredible tone, and in great shape! But...I got out of my acoustic phase for awhile and sold it. Another one I should have kept!

-1993 PRS Custom 24 w/ birds, "10" top: in cherry sunburst. My first PRS! Played superbly, and sounded incredible! But... I decided to sell it and ended up getting my UV7MC, so...can't complain too much!
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 01:44 PM

All of them!

Actually these ones:

Ibanez JCRG7-1-VV
Ibanez UV777BK
ESP Custom Eclipse
Peavey Wolfgang
BC Rich Gunslinger
Gibson Flying V
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
Ibanez Jem777VDY

I wish I still had all of them.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 04:47 PM

I wish I still had the Start plus/delux? (hell can't remeber the model name)
Was a black model with Rosewood board, Lace Blue in neck, Gold in middle and Red in bridge.
I bought it from Brian Johnson (who was the guitar player with Steeleye Span) ROFL! "All Around My Hat"
Picked it up from his house near Oxford.
Lot's of discs on the wall and my dad who came with me drooling over him (was nearly 15 years ago)
Had a great setup in his bedroom, basically got to play it through a very old and almost falling apart twin reverb.
I was sold and for some amazingly insane reason I traded it in about 4 years later for some guitar I can't even remember.

Besides that, my Charvel!
Again, traded in, and I didn't even know the model at the time (and still don't now, any help would be appreciated....I think), red, strat like, H-S-H, neck-thru, neck finished on the back in red like body, rosewood board, floyd rose, lots of scum, frets like a gibby that had had lots of levels...LOW action....... The lowest actioned guitar I have ever played, sick, but no matter how badly I played it just seemed to make me sound like George Lynch for some reason!!!
I really want it back now, even if a 3 inch chip is in the body....I'd still pay 1K for it.

Flying V...dunno what year, but sounded like Lenny Kravitz no matter what amp I played through

Damn!
Sometimes I hate remembering.

Steve

Oops, almost forgot....
A 10 Kay acoustic from Argos.
My sister bought that about 20 years ago and I always envied that piece of ****!
She died 2 years later and being a teenager I gave no respect to it!
If I could change time I would go back and make it play like a J-Custom!
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono
But my regret is my stolen GMC, 915893. One of the best swirls ever. It was a dog and a half to play. But nearly 10 years later I'm sure I could have done more to get it to play as good as it looked.
Wow...first time I've ever heard anyone complain about the feel of a JEM.

I don't regret selling/losing any guitars cuz I haven't sold any yet. I do regret owning the guitars I have though.

Tags
abalone dots , candy apple red , def leppard , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , double cutaway , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , egnater tol , epi les paul , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fixed bridge , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , gibson les paul standard , gibson les paul studio , hardtail bridge , ibanez jcrg , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , jem pmc , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les paul studio , mahogany body , mahogony body , michael schenker , monkey grip , neck finish , neck pickup , peavey vandenberg , peavey wolfgang , pickup cover , rich warlock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , sounding guitar , string bass , sunburst finish , swamp ash , tony macalpine , twin reverb , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode