Wow.. He says
"paypal also told me that after the check clears, they still hold the funds until you send back a positive feedback on ****. meaning not until you get your item. So if you get it and don't like it, I'm screwed."
That is the stupidest **** I have ever heard!
"A payment hold for an **** item occurs when PayPal temporarily holds a payment you receive for an item you sold on ****. PayPal notifies you of the hold in the Payment Received email, and also marks the status of the transaction as 'On Hold - Ship Now'. The payment will show as 'Pending' in your Pending balance on PayPal.
PayPal will hold payments in transactions where the vast majority of seller fraud occurs. Here are the most common instances in which a payment may be held:
* You have been on **** less than six months and sell an item above £50
* You have a feedback score of less than 98% and sell an item above £50
* More than 5% of your transactions result in dissatisfied buyers*
* You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of 4.5 or less
* You have received less than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings
* You are listing your item in a higher-risk category which include gift certificates, video games, mobile phones, computers, and consumer electronics
PayPal will not hold payments for **** items if you meet the following criteria:
* You have been an **** member for more than 6 months, and
* Your total Feedback score is greater than 100, and
* Fewer than 5% of your transactions result in dissatisfied buyers*
* Your average DSR is greater than 4.5, and
* Your have received more than 20 DSRs in the last 12 months
* Your buyer dissatisfaction percentage is less than 5%
* Buyer dissatisfaction percentage is measured by adding negative events as a percentage of your transactions. Negative events include negative and neutral Feedback, Detailed Seller Ratings scores of 2 or less, and Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described disputes.
We recommend that you post the item once the buyer sends the initial payment. This will enable the buyer to leave positive feedback, which in turn will increase the likelihood of the funds being released sooner."