It had to be done - new guitar! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

It had to be done - new guitar!

And it's super-manly.

22.5" scale. One humbucker, purple gigbag. I've seen a lot of people on various forums go on and on about how they're "so" going to get one and stick EMGs in it and play death metal and blah blah blah blah blah, but let's face it; not many guitarists are man enough to actually walk into a shop (with girlfriend) and buy one. Especially not, when the sales assistant says "And it's for your girlfriend?", to reply "No. For me."

Actually, I'd been looking for a short-scale guitar for a while. Fender Japan do a 24" Strat, but that was still a bit conventional (and long). The Squier minis aren't terribly good. But this is a very decent instrument, especially for the price (180). And it sounds very good indeed - bright, clear, jangly cleans (tuned G-G on 9s), and very good definition with dirt. I was expecting a fairly dull sound out of it and a pickup change, but it's pretty darned good as is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 09:15 AM

I've actually thought about getting one of those!
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Do it!

They're really rather good. Now I need the official Daisyrock strap - pink fur!
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 11:49 AM

We've got a pink one with mirror pickguard at the store. Might as well be a mandolin to me, though. Tiny neck.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 12:44 PM

Come on - how cool will you look with guitar on stage dude! You will be the envy of the crowd. I bet Kerry King aint got the guts to play with one!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 01:54 PM

Re: It had to be done - new guitar!

i'm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot-dot-dot
"so" going to get one and stick
Dimarzios...
Quote:
in it and play
Dream Theater.

awesome find!

i've actually been thinking about getting one of these for my girlfriend. she's just now starting to play some guitar, and is starting on a strat-knock-off. something smaller might be easier for her to play (she's got small hands, as she's 5'1").
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
Come on - how cool will you look with guitar on stage dude! You will be the envy of the crowd. I bet Kerry King aint got the guts to play with one!
I am the only person I know brave enough to buy one.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 03:58 PM

I'm looking to get the yellow Daisy in 24.75 scale. I'm thinking Evolution or Gibson Dirty-Fingers in the bridge position... Christmas is coming!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto79
I'm looking to get the yellow Daisy in 24.75 scale. I'm thinking Evolution or Gibson Dirty-Fingers in the bridge position... Christmas is coming!
A girl's setup. Any real man would get the short-scale and leave it stock!

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 08:59 PM

Although not for me, there's an Awesome Blue Daisy Rock Daisy in the house here... it's my daughter's. =]
Very nice build quality, good materials/workmanship, nice crisp sound, and very inspirational for their owners.
I'm in fact extremely impressed with that company in general... if you're interested, I'll share a customer service story with you that is a great statement.

And, here's a link...

Currently the second picture down on the right, Christine with her Blue Daisy...

When I shared a picture with them of her with the guitar, they immediately asked if they could post it on their site.

=]
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Very nice build quality, good materials/workmanship, nice crisp sound, and very inspirational for their owners.
Yup. I've tried about 4 or 5 different models now (Daisy Artist, an Elite, a Retro H and a Retro H 12-string plus my own), and they've all been very good. The Elite and 12-string both needed new strings but that's the "fault" of the shop, not of Daisyrock themselves.

The only thing that isn't perfect is that the shape makes it hard to play sitting down, but then I remember that the Heartbreaker is for ROCKING HARD! And you can't do that sitting down. Except in a rocking chair.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 06:10 AM

I was going to get a Stardust Venus! And oh, that heart shaped short scale one as well!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 09:18 AM

Now I feel silly for getting my kids ProLines!
Great pic Steve!

jim
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grev
I was going to get a Stardust Venus! And oh, that heart shaped short scale one as well!
It's funny; on all the forums I've posted this, there's always a couple of people who "are going" or "were going" to buy Daisyrocks, but none of them ever get the courage up and do it...
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:21 AM

Quote:
It's funny; on all the forums I've posted this, there's always a couple of people who "are going" or "were going" to buy Daisyrocks, but none of them ever get the courage up and do it...
You just have to bitch, don't you!

Well the Stardust Venus is so un-daisyrock like, it's got vine inlays for ****s sake! But I'm not going to get one right now cos I just got a good deal for my RG550, so yeah.

Tags
bridge position , death metal , hollow body , kerry king

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode