Hamer Californian 27 frets /Slammer Series - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Hamer Californian 27 frets /Slammer Series

Hi there. Some time ago someone give me a gift - Hamer SlammerSeries. I relised is 27 frets Californian with one Humb and one single. Thats what i know. I read some day they made in Korea. The axe is fantastic and nice sound. Last week someone told me that Slammers is sucks. Do you now somethin about this model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 AM

Re: Hamer Californian 27 frets /Slammer Series

as most of the people will tell you, the slammer series is lower end version of the 'real' hamer guitar. same thing with epiphone to gibson.
long time a go, my friend had this one, 27 fret, sunburst, humbucker-single config.
from the way it look, it's kinda cool.
but wait till you compare it to other guitars.
my friend's slammer with dimarzio was nothing compared to my dimarzio equipped korean made RG 270 at that time.
We did some recording, my guitar turn out had more balls to his thin-sounding slammer.
and if i look that way, yes the slammer sucks.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:28 AM

If you own it, and its a good guitar, then its a good guitar end of story. If you can't tell the difference yet between a good guitar and a bad one, play more guitars and keep practicing.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
as most of the people will tell you, the slammer series is lower end version of the 'real' hamer guitar. same thing with epiphone to gibson.
long time a go, my friend had this one, 27 fret, sunburst, humbucker-single config.
from the way it look, it's kinda cool.
but wait till you compare it to other guitars.
my friend's slammer with dimarzio was nothing compared to my dimarzio equipped korean made RG 270 at that time.
We did some recording, my guitar turn out had more balls to his thin-sounding slammer.
and if i look that way, yes the slammer sucks.
But there is also differents between Slammer by Hamer and Hamer slammer series - becouse what i read they have better quality. I owned also Rg2550e (brownone) and maybe wizzard is easier neck to fast playing for someone's for me personally Hamers one is better. Offcourse Dimarzio pickup kicks Hamers but. As someone said if its mine, and is good thats all :P
However, I still loking for HISTORY of my Hamer Slammer Series.In EU there is nothing about it. Kind Regards

Update2
About way how I feel better guitar Jim777 - I playing some time, I owned also Mayoness Setius gt6 custom, Lp studio brw and have some story behind. However in Eu we have so many ****s ( like even chipest ltd and stuff pretending to be a guitar - samick, stagg etc. I that way - Hamer Slammer and Kramer (small logo) are not to bad
Peace

Last edited by anikton; 03-22-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: update
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 PM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
If you own it, and its a good guitar, then its a good guitar end of story. If you can't tell the difference yet between a good guitar and a bad one, play more guitars and keep practicing.

Never truer words have been spoken :P
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Perfect.
Who cares if it sounds good or bad cause if you don't know how to play and make music,it doesn't matter how it sounds.
I started studing guitar with a REALLY crap acoustic 30 usd acoustic guitar.
I tried to put a floyd on it and in the first time I pushed its trem....booommmmmmmm,everything was on air hahahahaahahahahahha
Hey I was 12 and I was so desperate to have a floyd and an electric guitar!

These days people talk too much about guitars,what about playing and making music?
I guess those times were done.
But they were damn good times.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Never truer words have been spoken :P
I agree however maybe I taked this to personally
16 years with axe and still dont know nothing?
peace
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 11:33 AM
svl

Hamers are fantastic instruments, and even though the lower end Korean axes aren't as polished as the USA models they still rock hard.

They also don't cost as much as a used car, either!

Tags
hamer californian , hamer slammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode