Hamer Diablo II Vs. Ibanez RG570 - Anybody know anything abo - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Hamer Diablo II Vs. Ibanez RG570 - Anybody know anything abo

Ok, I can get either a used Hamer Diablo II, which comes with DiMarzios STOCK (that must mean something) it is H-S-H and built in USA(Ive heard their all handmade!) OR I can get a used Ibanez RG570 in excellent condition(a few scratches but hey its from -90!) for the same price.
Ive heard Hamers are great guitars but I know nothing about them! Do you???

BTW, the one that sells the Hamer also had a USA Fender Stratocaster Special(?), Red with black stripes...sounds like a EVH huh??

And was the RG(570)'s as good as now -90??

Hope you can help me some.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Hamer Diablo II Vs. Ibanez RG570

BTW, I can get all those guitars for $400.....
(Remember guitars are more expensive in Sweden for example, a new RG5** costs $1100 here!)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 06:10 PM

Well if it's a USA Diablo, then it's one of the most KILLER guitars on the planet; it will kick the crap out the RG570 quality wise, or at least material wise.
The thing is that the neck of the Diablo is a round one Gibson type, not a flat one, but i think the fretboard is pretty much flat.

I've read another post by u, so my advice would be to go and play the guitars you consider, see what u like the most and get that one, stop careing about trends and brands
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 08:30 PM

I would get the Diablo. I have a new RG 570 now and it is alright. I'm sure the Hamer kills it in everyway. Hamer makes some of the beest guitars and yes the USA modal are all handmade. Get the Hamer.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 08:48 AM

Heya, Niceguy--

Hamer builds killer guitars........But: *I have been told that even some of the U.S.A. Diablo's were "farmed out" to other companies. *I don't know how much truth there is to this. *I've played the Diablo and own a flame Californian. *The Cali's the best guitar I've ever owned in 20 years, hands down. *If you can, post the serial numbers for that Diablo and we'll figure out what year it is, then we'll look up it's lineage and see exactly where it came from. *If it's a true American Hamer it's an absolute steal at $400.

Later,

slug
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 08:26 PM

Re: Hamer Diablo II Vs. Ibanez RG570

You would do me a super SUPER HUGE Favor... as I have been searching all over the net to find out what kinda stock pickups came in the Hamer Diablo USA model. I had one that was stolen out of my car and man I loved the sound of that guitar. I have 11 ibanez guitars and that Diablo blew them all away. It was a natural finish. I saw some people post that they had Dimarzio pickups in them but I think they all come with Seymour Duncans. Anyways.. I cam gonna switch a couple Ibanez guitar pickups to see if I can get a similar tone... thanks so much... ps my email is [email protected] also I am looking to buy a USA Californian Elite Hamer, A USA Diablo, and an Ibanez Jem BSB. I also have a Mesa Boogie Triaxis with Stero 2:90 amp for sale if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slug View Post
Heya, Niceguy--

Hamer builds killer guitars........But: *I have been told that even some of the U.S.A. Diablo's were "farmed out" to other companies. *I don't know how much truth there is to this. *I've played the Diablo and own a flame Californian. *The Cali's the best guitar I've ever owned in 20 years, hands down. *If you can, post the serial numbers for that Diablo and we'll figure out what year it is, then we'll look up it's lineage and see exactly where it came from. *If it's a true American Hamer it's an absolute steal at $400.

Later,

slug
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 08:40 PM

Re: Hamer Diablo II Vs. Ibanez RG570 - Anybody know anything abo

Dude, the thread was over 7 years old...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz View Post
Dude, the thread was over 7 years old...
That's true, but the original poster was on line here in the last 2 weeks
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:41 AM

as a former Hamer endorsee, I can assure you that the Diablos were never farmed out.. however.. if you'll look at Blues Saraceno's Yamaha's from the same 90s time period.. you'll notice its basically the same guitar in a 22 fret neck.. Hamer ghost built those.. iirc, they were the RGX or something to that extent.. Hamer also built some ghost builds for Gretsch in their CT facility.. the Diablos and the Yamahas would have been in the old Arlington Heights (Chicago) factory..
Most of the Diablos are alder bodies..one piece maple neck with an in-line headstock (non-tilt), rosewood boards.. the original usually had a Duncan 59 neck and JB bridge.. the Diablo II had a H-S-H with push pull coil taps.. iirc, the bridge may have been a Tone Zone and the neck a Air Norton or Norton Lite.. can't remember what the middle single was.. (that was a long time and a lotta brain cells, three kids and two ex-wives ago..) but it may have been an HS-2.
Early Diablo IIs still had the "stadium" logo.. large HAMER and the later ones had a smaller size font on the headstock. Diablo Is typlically had reverse headstocks and IIs had a non-reverse headstock. serial number should be stamped into the wood on the back of the headstock.. bridge would've been a Schaller Floyd. Five way switch.. inverted jack like on a Jem where the cable is in-line with the strap as it goes. Most were transparent finishes, but some solid colors and a few custom orders are floating around.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 PM

Well, I don't have enough talent to sweep the floor at the Hamer factory let alone be a Hamer endorsee, but I have a 92 Trans-honey Diablo. Here are some pics. Maybe you can get the information you are looking for from them.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 07:50 AM

That a really nice looking Aztec Gold Diablo there! There were a few early 90s one that you can find floating around with a double set of Duncan JBs.
You can always call or e-mail Hamer customer service.. Kim Keller is usually the guy there and I've never heard of him not answering someone's inquiries. A really good guy.
Beautiful pics btw.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:45 PM

I got a lefty 1994 US made Diablo in the last few months, with Duncans. Awesome tone.

It was about $550 - $600, bought new but never played by the original owner.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 PM

Now I want one...or 2, damn you all =P
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 08:59 PM

The Centauras are nice too. They are basically the same except they are HSS and they have offset dot fret markers.

I think the guitars are pretty good bang for the buck. I spent less than $600 on mine and, as you can see, it is in pretty good shape.

Tags
fender strat , fender stratocaster , killer guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode