Happy B-day to Me NGD :) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Happy B-day to Me NGD :)

Since I just went from accounting temp to salaried Staff Accountant last week AND my B-day is tomorrow, I had to get myself a present

I felt like channeling my inner Zakk and got my first real Gibson, it's a 2010 Studio with the stock 490r/498t pickups. It's just the way I like my Les Pauls... plain-a$$ black and a little dinged up so I'm not afraid to play it hard and ding it up

It plays great right now has nice low action, and should play even better once I strip off the sticky finish from the back of the neck and shape it fit my hand a little better. It's just a bit too chunky at the shoulders...

I might have to try out some evo's in her....

Last edited by Swirltop; 04-17-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Happy B-day to Me NGD :)

Cool present man Im not a gibson guy, but Im glad you found a guitar you can enjoy and rock out on.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
Cool present man Im not a gibson guy, but Im glad you found a guitar you can enjoy and rock out on.
Thanks man...I'm not a Gibson guy really either per say, but I wanted something different. It's my only non-Ibanez and I don't like strats at all...

This thing squeals with the best of them and sustains like a champ. I'm pretty happy with it so far

It's putting me behind at getting my 540P finished today... I get my B-day off tomorrow so maybe I'll put this one down and get the 540 finished up
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 10:40 PM

Reviews: 2

Very nice man!!

Congrats on the promotion and the NGD....... That's one helluva cool present!!!

Happy B-day too.........
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 PM

Reviews: 120

Congratulations on both fronts. Looks like a great simple rocker.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words! Since they gave me today (my B-day) off I'll be fine tuning the setup and jamming all day...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 08:21 AM

Congratz man. I love the flat black color.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 10:08 AM

Congrats and Happy Birthday. Always nice to treat yourself to a present. I know we are all mostly dimarzio fans here, but a jb/jazz or jb/59 in that thing would rock.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
Congrats and Happy Birthday. Always nice to treat yourself to a present. I know we are all mostly dimarzio fans here, but a jb/jazz or jb/59 in that thing would rock.
Yeah they would... I had a jb/59 combo in an old Epiphone Standard a few years ago and they sounded great in that. To be completely honest I'm pretty happy with the stock bridge pickup, but the neck pickup is too muddy at the gain I usually play at... May do a swap out in the future, but the first thing I'm doing is changing out the tuners for some Gibson modern nickel tuners. These Kluson's are fuggin terrible...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 01:06 PM

nice going man,, I have a faded explorer that is kind the "studio" equivalent for explorers and I love it, got it the same way, used and some dings, but plays fantastic with the stock 500T in the bridge.
Nice present to yourself!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:52 AM

HNGD. I am becoming more of an LP guy every day.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 06:09 PM

Congrats on the promotion man!! Hope you enjoyed your birthday with your present.

Black on an LP just looks menacing.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again for all the congrats everyone I appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
nice going man,, I have a faded explorer that is kind the "studio" equivalent for explorers and I love it, got it the same way, used and some dings, but plays fantastic with the stock 500T in the bridge.
Nice present to yourself!
Thanks man! I love an Black LP with dings and a little character IDK why but I always have. I like my Ibanez's well sorted out too so it's kinda weird I bet that explorer rocks with the 500T in the bridge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
Congrats on the promotion man!! Hope you enjoyed your birthday with your present.

Black on an LP just looks menacing.
Thanks man it was definitely a sweet day when I got the job. It felt like a freaking gigantic weight was lifted off my back and I honestly enjoy the work I'm doing for the first time in my life

There's something about a black LP...The flamed and quilted maple tops are beautiful and all but flat black is my favorite on an LP; it does look menacing and angry
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 03:29 AM

Happy bday!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode