Happy Layaway Guitar Day! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Happy Layaway Guitar Day!

my wife with her infinite benevolence has allowed me to put a RG921F Premium on layaway. It has a killer red quilted top and a hardtail. DiMarzio Pickups and that sweet neck. My first guitar bought long ago was an Ibanez Iceman that I stupidly sold in the late 90's. Best neck I ever played. This RG feels even better than that one and even better than my Charvel Model 6. I cannot wait to get that beautiful piece of art in my hands. It will be be dancing in my dreams until I have it. After that I am going to get an amp that will highlight this guitars strong points (Metal). What amps do you think would pair well with this guitar to give me a most brutal, punishing tone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 PM

Re: Happy Layaway Guitar Day!

HLGD!!!!

When will you hopefully get it?

Sorry, cant help much with the amp question, HD500 user.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
HLGD!!!!

When will you hopefully get it?

Sorry, cant help much with the amp question, HD500 user.
Probably by April 15th. Man, the tone on this thing was outstanding. It will only be better once I get it home. I already have a really good amp to pair it up with, a Kitty Hawk M3 with cabs holding Peavy Scorpions. I just wanted something with a little more distortion so that I could use just amp and guitar with just a touch of reverb. I do have some pedals that I can use with it as well as an ART effects processor with the X15 dynafoot that will sound great. But I think this thing would scream with a Mesa Boogie, Swart or Splawn. (Way out of my $ but I can dream can't I?)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshok View Post
Probably by April 15th. Splawn. (Way out of my $ but I can dream can't I?)
i'm right there with you about a dream of a spawn. I have absolutely no use for that amp but I still want one. Maybe after I get all the JS's I want.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 12:15 AM

I played mine through a boosted 6505 before I swapped the pups. Ibanez really did do a wonderful job on these pickups! Congrats! This reminds me, I should post my NGD thread...

Tags
dimarzio , ibanez , premium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode