Harmony Central K-7 Report - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Harmony Central K-7 Report

Am I the only one wondering how much crack there smoking? They think the u-bar is a guard and go on to say they should have just made it a hardtail. When in fact everyone knows it's to push back on the trem. I don't check out harmony central much, are they always that slow?

(Edited by Noodles at 9:05 pm on Jan. 25, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 04:43 PM

Irony: *Harmony Central calling Ibanez schleps. *Considering how retarded the staff at H.C. is (think: *headgear), I'm not surprised they said things like (direct quotes):

"Steve Vai inspired Ibanez’s first 12-string guitar. But the credit for bringing the 7-string into the multi-platinum mainstream (sorry, Steve) clearly goes to Head and Munky of the band Korn."

"...the ax looks pretty much like your standard-fare Ibanez 12-string..."

The guys at HC are allowed to operate a light switch? *Jeez..I don't know why. *They certainly can't count.

"... the “U-Bar” bridge (a metal guard that protects the fine tuners while you mute power chords). Trouble is, with the guard in, there’s nowhere for the vibrato arm to go. Wouldn’t it make more sense just to have a stop tailpiece?"

No, it would make sense for you to put your hand in a garbage disposal and turn it on.

"Truth be known, we were lucky to get that much information. Barely anyone in the Ibanez booth seemed too willing to talk. Those we did manage to talk to offered little insight as to the particulars of the instrument."

Bullsh!t. *I personally know several of the people at the booth this year. *ALL of them are very personable and easy to talk to. *What a lame frickin' excuse for H.C. not giving a sh!t. *Then again, I'm trying to think of a reason for the guys at Ibanez to give HC the time of frickin' day. *They (HC) has avoided the Ibanez booth like the frickin' plauge the last few years. *Go play with your Fend*r friends. *Jagoffs. *

"Don’t get us wrong, Ibanez makes some of the world’s finest guitars."

Too late. *We got you wrong. *

Go away. *

(Yes- you just heard me defend the Korn model. *Shhh...don't tell anyone.)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 04:51 PM
Vendor

ROFLMFAO!!!

I was waiting for that, knew it was coming, and was as good as I hoped :biggrin:
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 04:55 PM

I almost posted this exact same topic yesterday. The report is loaded with such ignorance and errors, its humorous. Is there any way to write these jokers and point out their mistakes?

Here's the report:

"Steve Vai inspired Ibanez’s first 12-string guitar. But the credit for bringing the 7-string into the multi-platinum mainstream (sorry, Steve) clearly goes to Head and Munky of the band Korn. It’s only fitting, therefore, that Ibanez release a Korn model guitar.

But upon first glance, the ax looks pretty much like your standard-fare Ibanez 12-string, equipped with a locking nut, two humbuckers, a three-way pickup switch and a Floyd Rose-style “Lo Pro” bridge.

The only noticeable differences was the lack of a tone knob, a “K-7” fretboard inlay and the “U-Bar” bridge (a metal guard that protects the fine tuners while you mute power chords). Trouble is, with the guard in, there’s nowhere for the vibrato arm to go. Wouldn’t it make more sense just to have a stop tailpiece?

“Head and Munky came up with the idea,” an Ibanez spokesperson said.

Truth be known, we were lucky to get that much information. Barely anyone in the Ibanez booth seemed too willing to talk. Those we did manage to talk to offered little insight as to the particulars of the instrument. And a brochure was not available.

So unless someone at Ibanez enlightens us, we’re assuming this is your basic 7-string, with a single fancy inlay, a metal guard and a $1,799.99 price tag.

Don’t get us wrong, Ibanez makes some of the world’s finest guitars. But we’d suggest you snag Ibanez’s RG7421XLGN hard tail 7-string model ($799.99), slap on a “Korn” sticker and pocket the extra grand."

Lets see:
-Twice they say 12-string instead of 7!
-They fail to understand the concept of the U-bar.
-They do not make any remarks about being able to replace the U-bar with a standard bar, nor the possibility of using this trem as a lefty Lo-Pro Edge.
-They do not mention the guitar body is mahogany.
-They do not mention the fact that the guitar comes with the very cool PAF-7s instead of the Ibanez V7-7 and V9-7 pickups.

Even if the Ibanez reps weren't very helpful, everything I pointed out (with the exception of the lefty-trem possibility) can be found on Harmony Central's page in the K-7 PR they ran! They had the info, just failed to recognize it. If they didn't, they shouldn't have written a piece on it.

(Edited by cmartin at 4:58 pm on Jan. 25, 2001)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 04:57 PM

Now I can kind of see what Hitler was thinking. * I think some genetic cleansing is in order here.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 04:57 PM

Whoa! Kevan must have had a bit of a head start on me. I was typing while Kevan was posting!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Kevan defending the k-7? I knew it hell has finally frozen over. Seriously though is there any way I can give hc hell or at least have them fix the report and the reporter(someone that dumb should not be having kids)?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 06:00 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Lets not compare hitler to harmony... glen

PS - gotta link to the article?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 06:04 PM

Here's the link:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...rn-Guitar.html
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 07:34 PM

* Will someone PLEASE send a mail to HC? In fact, will everyone who reads this send a mail to HC? I would normally just laugh, but the fact that 44 readers have this rated BORRRing is just wrong. I really hope that they take more time to examine, understand, and READ THE PAGES THEY ALREADY RAN WITH THE FACTS!!! in the future. I can't believe how much this report has affected *people. 44 readers rate a 1? Thumbs down to HC :angry: .....
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 07:47 PM

Does anyone have an email address to contact someone there?
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 07:52 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Will someone PLEASE send a mail to HC?
* I just emailed them. Interesting to see if they reply or at lest fix the article. That is an embarrasment.

Contact them here FWIW (i'd not waste your time):
http://www.harmony-central.com/mail.html

Ibanez should be the ones contacting them.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 07:54 PM

I think a more direct route would be a bazooka through their front door. *What a lame excuse for human beings.
DUH!!!!!!
Jeremy
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 11:53 PM
edo

Here's another close up pics from the U BAR and K-7 :

http://www.eastcoastmusic.com/namm2001a.htm
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 01:03 AM

The article has been pulled from HC. *The wisest thing they've done all year.

It's kinda tough to get bad press when you are the bad press.

Tags
floyd rose , guitar body , ibanez guitars , locking nut , pickup switch , pro edge , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode