Has anyone played the new Artist AR2000VV yet? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Has anyone played the new Artist AR2000VV yet?

I've ordered one through my endorsement with Ibanez but haven't read any reviews yet. I'd like to hear some opinions while I'm waiting. The new Artist reissue has a really amazing AAA flame maple top. Looks like they're giving PRS some competition!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 11:19 AM

Well, i don't know what you mean by "new", as far as i'm aware the Prestige AR2000 has been around for some time...I played one at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt and i must say i liked it a lot..played well and the Prestige neck felt better than many LP's...Can't say much more i had it in my hands for maybe 5 minutes...The general impression was good though
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 03:08 PM

Yeah, I bought one last year. Great guitar if you want an Artist. Neck through and plays really smooth. The top is beautiful and what struck me the most was the fact that the pickup rings were made out of wood!! I will not be getting rid of mine in the near future.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

It arrived today...

...and it's killer! What a great guitar! Ibanez really did an outstanding job on this reissue. I've had a couple of artists from the 70's and while they were good guitars they were never up to par with a good Paul or PRS. This new version certainly is! The neck reminds me of a great Yamaha Weddington I wish I never got rid of. Thin and fast with the low action you expect from Ibanez.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:49 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Hi Eric, congrats.... you still got the Artist

You can read my hands-on-report of the AR2000 here
http://www.jemsite.com/axes/htm_opinion/rev_ax.htm

...glen
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
Hi Eric, congrats.... you still got the Artist

You can read my hands-on-report of the AR2000 here
http://www.jemsite.com/axes/htm_opinion/rev_ax.htm

...glen
Hey Glen, how does the tone compare to an average LP? (if you have a frame of reference).

I love the look of the guitar, very classy.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 11:13 PM

I did a "shootout" a couple time...most recently two weeks ago. This time it was an LP Classic, "new" LP Classic, 82 Tokai LP, and the AR2000. To answer your question...the Gibbys and the Ibanez excelled in different areas. The Artist felt so much more confortable to me...neck, body, etc, but the Gibsons has more in the tone department. Not that it was necessarily better, but definitely more volume and punch.
Greg
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 01:57 PM

Hi y'all,
I have tried the guitar also back to back against my 1977 LP Black Beauty through my Marshall stack in the band practise room, as well as through my SansAmp, which I use live exclusively. Big difference is that the upper frets are easier to play on the Artist. Also, the LP is much heavier. But the Artist also has slight balance problems when played standing. I find myself readjusting it more often than with my LP. However, all things considered, I would choose the Artist over the LP, hands down. Why? It looks great, feels great, the insane price of a LP is totally unjustified to me, and the Artist is an Ibanez!!

To be honest, I never intended to pick one up until I saw one hanging in Tom Lee's in Hong Kong in January of 2001. I was immediately struck by the honey colour and obvious attention to detail. Only thing missing are abalone blocks instead of the dots. Can't understand why they decided against that...

Glad to see you got one, Glen. Nice catch!

Tags
flame maple , pickup ring , pickup rings , upper fret , upper frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode