Has Ibanez Ever Done a Limited Run of Custom Guitars? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Has Ibanez Ever Done a Limited Run of Custom Guitars?

Glen, Rich... Do you guys know if Ibanez has ever done anything like this? The reason I ask is I'm fairly active on the Jackson forum and those guys are in the process of putting together an order for a special edition custom guitar. It's going to be specifically for members of that forum. Jackson will pretty much build whatever those guys want, at prices that are far below the standard custom shop prices. The only catch is they've got to order a minimum number of 10 pieces.

I don't know if Ibanez would ever do this because they're not really a "custom shop" kind of company, might be cool to have a Jemsite special edition guitar if they would though. I'm sure it's been discussed here before, just wondering if it's ever actually been done.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:25 AM
Vendor

They'll build any spec you want, you just have to meet minimum order requirements, far north of what Jackson will do [unless you have their attention and they really want to do something for you]. Cudos the the Jackson Forum if they could actually get 10 people to agree on specs and plunk their cash down
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:32 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
that would be cool, but not likely to replicate jackson's services given their Japan-centric business attitude.

a large guitar chain store like GC could (and has) ordered a custom batch - obviously within limits - but noone has reported the $$$ or ### committment required.

next time you chat w/ your ibz rep why not touch base about this as an authorized dealer ...glen
post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:59 AM
Vendor

Chesbro wanted a commitment to 75 guitars, kinda puts a damper on things
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 02:06 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
ouch. still, if they had any business sense and initiative they could have most of them presold & make a fortune.

nah - easier to toss rg470s on ebay
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 04:51 AM

Hey..........I'd buy a Jemsite limited run! Let's do it!
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercjoe
Heh. There's no way we'd get 75 people on Jemsite to agree to a model of the same specs unless we got it with no inlay, no pickups and finished in just a primer coat.

Hmm...
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 09:51 AM

and priced at 50 bucks.
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 11:26 AM

50 bucks??? Man, Iīll take two, and one for my grandma. Even in just a primer coat
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercjoe
Heh. There's no way we'd get 75 people on Jemsite to agree to a model of the same specs unless we got it with no inlay, no pickups and finished in just a primer coat.

Hmm...
We have 5776 registered users

chances are that 75 people could be found for one model and another 75 for another.

Question is whether they would all have the money at the same time for it.

I think a DNA swirled universe or mirror finish jem run might just attract people's attention...
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Can't hurt to ask. I just banged out an email to my rep asking him about this. I'll keep you posted.

Matt
post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 12:56 PM

I'd be more interested in a mahogany JS 7-string with a fixed bridge, piezos and a Sustainer.

Shall i start collecting deposits?
post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 02:58 PM

How about a guitar exactly like the Jem 10, but with a vwh pickguard?

Who wouldn't opt in for something like that? (said he naively.....)

Plus, it would need to be around April when tax returns start coming in

jim
post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 03:02 PM
EKG

I remember Satch doing a tour/clinic thing last year and some limited run JS's were being sold?
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Vendor

I'd hardly call a JS1000WH with an Edge "custom"

Tags
abalone dots , andy timmons , andy timmons model , art guitar , atd swirl , black pickguard , custom guitar , custom jem , custom shop , darren wilson , dna swirl , double edge pro , double edge trem , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , edge trem , fixed bridge , flamed maple , maple binding , monkey grip , piezo bridge , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , production model , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , steve vai , swamp ash , swamp ash body , texas prestige , viper neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode