has the RGT 42 coil tapping? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

has the RGT 42 coil tapping?

im about to replace the $h1t infinity pickups in my RGT42 with two duncans.

Ive run into a snag though, i cant find any wiring diagrams for the RGT42.

I need to know if it does coil tapping? It has two humbuckers, but a 5 way switch. this would lead me to believe it does coil tapping.

I dont want to attempt wiring up a new pickup until i know its capiable of coil tapping and i know exactly what the RGT42 does.

il be adding a seymour SH2 in the neck and an sh4 in the bridge.

All help greatly appriciated.

EDIT: Mods, please move this to the "other ibanez guitars". i placed it here by mistake.

Last edited by schmintan; 01-27-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 AM

Re: has the RGT 42 coil tapping?

Hi,

Both SH-2 and SH-4 are 4-conductor pickups, so you can coil tap them. If you are lucky, the colour codes for the INF pickups and the SD pickups are the same, but I wouldn't know. But if they are, then you can easily switch them by noting how the INF pickups are wired and do the same with the SD's.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:33 AM

Anyone else notice that most (?) wiring diagrams are unavailable from Ibanez's website ?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 AM

Nope, didn't see that, but how many of them are especially hard to replicate if you already know which coils are on in which positions, and how many conductors that are in each pickup (Save for Egen, maybe)?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the help and info. il update on this once the job is complete.

regarding the lack of diagrams on the ibanez site, i tried contacting them, but the only contacat page, is not accessable by european users, only US users. im sick of them now to be honest. id hate to try their customer support.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:10 AM

Try emailing [email protected] this email worked for me a couple of years ago. Worth a shot.

Tags
change , pickup , rgt42 , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode