Has the RGT3210Q really been discontinued....? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Has the RGT3210Q really been discontinued....?

On Rich's site (IbanezRules.com), he says he's out of stock for the RGT320Q and it says 'discontinued.' Did Ibanez really stop making this model or is Rich just not selling them anymore? If they stopped making them, what's going to take its place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 05:48 PM

Re: Has the RGT3210Q really been discontinued....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzTerminator View Post
On Rich's site (IbanezRules.com), he says he's out of stock for the RGT320Q and it says 'discontinued.' Did Ibanez really stop making this model or is Rich just not selling them anymore? If they stopped making them, what's going to take its place?
They're discontinued. As of yet I haven't heard of anything taking it's place. I'm not too optimistic though because Ibanez hasn't come out with anything really that different in a while.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 09:15 PM

Is it just the RGT320Q Royal brown burst that has been discontinued? Or the pink one is discontinued as well?

If only they could have done one in blue, that would have been awesome.
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 06:39 AM
GAZ

Both colours of RGT320Q finished production in October as did the RGT220A. It could just be that new colours are about to announced, rather than completely new RGT models.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 08:28 AM

New colors are most likely on the way. Ibanez has been doing special runs of other colors in limited areas probably to see which ones will make it into regular production, just speculation of course.

I wouldn't be suprised if the new version goes up another $160 on it's street price.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Wow, I put RGT3210Q when it should be RGT320Q. My mistake! Anyway, how do you guys know the guitar is discontinued? Does it say so on the Ibanez website? I can't find any other information besides Rich's site.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 01:09 PM
GAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzTerminator View Post
Wow, I put RGT3210Q when it should be RGT320Q. My mistake! Anyway, how do you guys know the guitar is discontinued? Does it say so on the Ibanez website? I can't find any other information besides Rich's site.
On the Ibanez UK site there is a link for 'Parts'. It's the Hoshino Gakki database, searchable by model or part and it shows the production period for each model. Unfortunately it's not complete, but a lot of this years guitars ceased production in October in their current guise at least.

https://cs.hoshinogakki.co.jp/i-publ...es/Login00.jsp

Gaz
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Vendor

It's discontinued because I was told by the distributors it's discontinued. What more do you need to know? If other countries continue to import them is up to them but the US is not.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 05:28 PM

They have recently introduced the RGT320F(BX) in transparent black onyx in Japan. You can see it on the Ibanez Japan website. And Ikebe Gakki has had them for sale on their website for a while now. They also have the pink (wet rose) one and still have the RFT320Q(RBB).

I'm not sure if the RGT320F BX will make it over here though.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It's discontinued because I was told by the distributors it's discontinued. What more do you need to know? If other countries continue to import them is up to them but the US is not.
Uh, I was just curious. I wasn't arguing with anyone, just wondering how they found out. I even attributed my knowledge of the discontinuation to your site.

EDIT:

Wait.... just read your post again.... so, they're still MAKING the model, but they're just not available in the U.S.? And, just so you 'know' why I'm asking, it's because I just bought one and it's cool to know I got one before they stopped being sold in the States. No big deal, really.
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP!
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Oh, here we go. No one on this board can say I had ANY intention of arguing with this thread. So, I'm just going to leave now.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 03:39 AM
GAZ

Quote:
It's discontinued because they stopped production in Japan in October (see my link above) So it's irrelevant what country you're in unless there are a few lying around at the distributor in your country of course.
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 05:49 AM

I think it will be replaced by the RGT320F BX that has been advertised on the Japanese Ibanez site for a few months.

Looks like it's just a flame top and a colour change, but essentially the same guitar. A bit of a shame, cause the RBB was beautiful.

Rock on!
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZ View Post
It's discontinued because they stopped production in Japan in October (see my link above) So it's irrelevant what country you're in unless there are a few lying around at the distributor in your country of course.
Any distributor can order a spot run of them anytime they wish.

Tags
beautiful guitar , flamed maple , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ikebe gakki , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode