Have I been tricked? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Have I been tricked?

Something That I noticed when I bought my brand new RG1570 is that it doesnt have transparent polythene covers for the pickups or or tremolo cavity cover or anything..this might seems like a very small detail but my last guitar had these type of covers when I bought it brand new...and I was thinking is the a customer return because it is made in 2008 and I bought it from a sale from a big name music store..I cant imagine how a guitar this popular,sits in the store for 2 years without a buyer..(the store is sam-ash)

So any of you noticed these covers when you got a new prestige...Have I been given a return..and does the edge pro bridge come setup perfectly straight from the factory? because in the one i've got the high E is way low

please respond,as I dont have much time remaining to return it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 AM

Re: Have I been tricked?

Seems odd to me, but I generally don't buy new guitars.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 AM

Isn't it possible the plastic was taken off at the store?
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcord View Post
Isn't it possible the plastic was taken off at the store?
I am not sure,but it is from their warehouse,so it was not put on display..

and because it was made in 2008,will it have any problems with the finish and everthing
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:30 AM

Maybe you're worrying a bit too much?

If it's a display model, most likely that the plastic will be taken off. Guitars in stores here in Japan usually DON'T have those things on.

And I've said it once, there shouldn't be any problems with most Ibanez Prestiges in terms of finish, they come from a very respected factory in Japan.

Don't worry too much, just play the thing! It's a good guitar.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstarazuri View Post
Maybe you're worrying a bit too much?

If it's a display model, most likely that the plastic will be taken off. Guitars in stores here in Japan usually DON'T have those things on.

And I've said it once, there shouldn't be any problems with most Ibanez Prestiges in terms of finish, they come from a very respected factory in Japan.

Don't worry too much, just play the thing! It's a good guitar.

It cannot be a display model,because they said it is from their warehouse,never played,so then I have been cheated..

the problem is I dont like to be cheated,why have they given me a return(if it is one) I dont know maybe rich knows these things..He is the one who first sees the guitar after it is shipped from the factory..rich are you there?
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:07 PM

Rich, Comment on aisle 4, we need a comment on aisle 4 please............
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Guitars rarely come from the factory perfectly set up. And rarely, do they come from the store perfectly set up. The "better" more reputable stores will set up guitars, but hardly ever from a chain store like Sam Ash or Guitar Center. The missing plastic is supect, though. If there are no blems on the guitar, and it plays and sounds good--then I wouldn't worry about it. Did you plan on keeping the plastic on the covers?

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:35 PM

Reviews: 6

When i was in music stores and i was to do setups on brand new guitars, when the poly film was ''bubbley'' or started to come off it was current practice to just remove it so the guitar looks neat. BTW it is not unusual to have guitars sit for a while before they are sold... I once bought a RG7160 that was discontinued for 2 years at the time brand new in store... Don't worry, just enjoy it
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Guitars rarely come from the factory perfectly set up. And rarely, do they come from the store perfectly set up. The "better" more reputable stores will set up guitars, but hardly ever from a chain store like Sam Ash or Guitar Center. The missing plastic is supect, though. If there are no blems on the guitar, and it plays and sounds good--then I wouldn't worry about it. Did you plan on keeping the plastic on the covers?
Oh no not all all,but I dont want a blemished or a returned guitar...
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
When i was in music stores and i was to do setups on brand new guitars, when the poly film was ''bubbley'' or started to come off it was current practice to just remove it so the guitar looks neat. BTW it is not unusual to have guitars sit for a while before they are sold... I once bought a RG7160 that was discontinued for 2 years at the time brand new in store... Don't worry, just enjoy it
well then,no worries eh?but it is better to ask sam=ash about this problem right?
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:51 PM

Reviews: 3

Nigel Tufnel: Look... still has the old tag on, never even played it.
Marty DiBergi: [points his finger] You've never played...?
Nigel Tufnel: Don't touch it!
Marty DiBergi: We'll I wasn't going to touch it, I was just pointing at it.
Nigel Tufnel: Well... don't point! It can't be played.
Marty DiBergi: Don't point, okay. Can I look at it?
Nigel Tufnel: No. no. That's it, you've seen enough of that one.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifehitz View Post
Nigel Tufnel: Look... still has the old tag on, never even played it.
Marty DiBergi: [points his finger] You've never played...?
Nigel Tufnel: Don't touch it!
Marty DiBergi: We'll I wasn't going to touch it, I was just pointing at it.
Nigel Tufnel: Well... don't point! It can't be played.
Marty DiBergi: Don't point, okay. Can I look at it?
Nigel Tufnel: No. no. That's it, you've seen enough of that one.
Dead Helpful that

The point here is not about some stupid covers,but if I was cheated or not..if they say its brand new,It should or otherwise they have tricked you
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 02:49 PM

Reviews: 6

If there is no blemishes on the instrument, no fretwear, no dirt on the tremolo & on fingerboard and no pick marks in the typycal places (pickups, pickguart, underneath the strings, etc...) then i say don't worry
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
If there is no blemishes on the instrument, no fretwear, no dirt on the tremolo & on fingerboard and no pick marks in the typycal places (pickups, pickguart, underneath the strings, etc...) then i say don't worry
exactly.theres your answer there,ive bought new guitars before and the plastic hasnt been on the pickups but the guitars were pristine.

Tags
ibanez , prestige , problem , rg1570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode