Have several different guitars? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Cool Have several different guitars?

Hey guys so just a general question, what do you do with your multiple guitars? Can be a staple or an original response! The point is I have one guitar that I wail on night and day and the other two sit in the corner collecting dust, so I must think of something new to do with them! Any suggestions or personal experiences are welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 08:10 PM

Reviews: 13
Re: Have several different guitars?

Wall Candy!!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM

Reviews: 2

Different tunings, different string gauges/tensions, etc.

And fleabay.
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 PM

Reviews: 120

Different sounds, different tunings. I have 4 electrics and two acoustics.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid1993 View Post
Hey guys so just a general question, what do you do with your multiple guitars?
My wife asks this very same question.

While nearly all are RG's, they're all a bit different in some way.
Some are trem guitars, others are fixed bridge, some have 7 strings, some have maple boards, others rosewood, some have different pickups.
Conceptually its all pie; sometimes you want cherry, or apple, or key lime though.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 09:51 PM

Reviews: 12

on a very very boring day, swap necks/bodies, maybe the hardware as well... that is, hopefully there's at least 2 guitars that are interchangeable :P

Reg
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 10:48 PM

Reviews: 39

I had one acoustic guitar from when I was 9 until I got my first electric when I was 11. I didn't get my next electric and amp until I was 16, and MAN what a huge sound difference. After that, it was buy/sell/trade like crazy for all the different sounds I could muster and develop my tonal ear.

Now I keep the stocks full for backups live, and different ones for studio tones, be it big or small differences. Same for amps. It also doesn't hurt to have extra ones for trading power if I see something I want; "Hey, I'll trade you this for that!"

If you have no intentions of selling your guitars (as I did with my first electric); repaint or decorate it! It might make it fun to play again! Nothings more fun that hotrodding or giving it a facelift!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 10:50 PM

I hang some on the wall, use different tunings and trem/no trem. I keep most guitars at standard tuning, then I have 2 that are 1/2 step down, one in drop D and one in drop C#.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 AM

They all serve a different tonal purpose. Every one of my guitars gets played.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:11 AM

Reviews: 1

If I don't feel like changing strings, I just grab another guitar.

Different guitars have completely different vibes so I just grab the one that suits in the mood I'm in music-wise.

They all get played at one time or another. That said, over the past few years there have been a few guitars that I ended up not playing much at all so I ended up selling which is something I rarely do.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 09:10 AM

I've narrowed my collection down to six at the moment, so, to shake things up I roll a dice to see which one i'm gonna play. It mixes things up a bit, and really makes me appreciate the differences between each guitar.

Rock on!
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 09:48 AM

None of my guitars are identical; most are solid, but they have different pickups, wood combos, trems, etc.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

oo sounds like you guys have a very nice collection/variety to choose from im running on an RG4EXFM1 with an Air Norton/Tone Zone combo and a strat rip off, on which i changed the electronics/pickups and i got to say, on some days it even sounds better than my rg4exfm1. Im running through a new pod xt +floor board which i picked up used today! yay!
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 PM

Reviews: 5

Hmm... well I have a custom Fender Strat, which has a blue pickguard, a hot rails in the bridge, and cool rails in the neck, custom wired. I use it for Straty, bluesy stuff, as well as some chugging riffs. I also have a Schecter Hellraiser and Egen8, which I both use for metal and shredding! And doing crazy stuff with the whammy bar, of course. I basically just use them for experimenting.

My father has an Ibanez Iceman STM1, which has a really unique tone and sounds really cutting. It's got a unique set-up, with Evolution pickups and only one nob for master volume control, so that's a cool guitar for experimentation. I also have 3 acoustics, 2 steel string and one nylon string. I also wanna customize a cheap ESP of mine and turn it into a vintage rockin' monster!

Here's a very dated pic of my guitar studio from almost 1 and a half years ago:

I might post a new pic later this summer, maybe once I finish work on my first custom guitar
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

im running into a 75W spider iii too!

Tags
guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode