have you ever had that ONE guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

have you ever had that ONE guitar

I'm new to the forum and was just curious has anyone ever had a high quality guitar that sounds good and plays good but it just doesn't fit you, then maybe had a lower quality guitar that just fit you better?the reason for the question is I do, I really like the guitar and kinda don't wanna sell it but at the same time it just doesn't feel like its apart of me like my less expensive lower quality guitars do. What would you do if you were in said situation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 03:35 PM

Re: have you ever had that ONE guitar

I would keep the guitar you have, then upgrade the components to make it amazing. like better pickups, new locking tuners, pots, maybe new trem. If I like the way a guitar feels in my hands, thats it.. its mine, whether cheap or expensive. Most of my axes are mid-rangers.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Well this one is I guess you would say a mid range, its a Korean made BC rich Kerry king v, they stopped making it a while back, brand new it costed me 999.99 and I've had it for about a year and half, but its a really well made instrument suprising actually, its built like a tank. Sometimes tho I wished I had a high end Ibanez rg or something as my lead work guitar, I use an epiphone 1984 explorer reissue with 81/85's for rthym stuff but I kinda like have a floating trem. So when learning solos got writing my own I like the floating bridge, that one happens to be a khaler hybrid which is okay.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:15 AM

Iīve had a Suhr guitar that was a great sounding, playing and looking guitar ( a rootbeer quilted maple top Suhr Standard) and really of of the best guitars iīve ever had the pleasure to play, but it just wasnīt for me. Somehow the guitar just didnīt connected with me.

Iīve got my childhood dream guitar for years now, itīs an old 60īs strat that my uncle used to play back in the 70īs and 80īs. Every time my mom, dad, sister and me went to my uncle and aunt back in the 80īs and ī90īs i got to play that guitar and i loved it from first sight.
From old photoīs it used to be sonic blue, but the color has faded and yellowed so much it looks like a mix of seafoam green or surf green. I love that guitar and itīs the only one i will never get rid off.

In your journey to find the perfect guitar for you, just try as many different guitars as you can to find something that you like to play, covers a lot of ground because a one trick pony can be nice, but also bores easily and looks nice too.
When you pick up the guitar it is suppose to inspire you to create music. If the guitar doensīt fit you, sell it and find another guitar that does make a connection with you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode