Having a bad Ibanez experience - help!
Hey guys...please allow me to vent. *First let me say that I'm a big Ibanez fan, but I'm encountering a situation here that has me frustrated. *Here's the deal:
1) Back in Sept 2000 I buy a really nice red quilt RG3220 (like a 3120...special run) from a GC in Dallas. *Got it at a great price.
2) Get it home and tweak with the setup, but I find that the whammy is not staying in tune. *More tweaking...a little better. *Problem is that after a dive, it stays just a few cents flat...enough to be unacceptable...especially for an Edge trem.
I'm no pro tech, but I've had 4 other Ibanezes with Edge or Lo-Pro trems, and have always been able to get them working fine. *I've heard this described as the "mysterious whammy" problem around here several months ago...appears that I have it too.
3) Lay it aside and play my other guitars. *Finally take it back to GC at the end of January. *They send it out their local Ibanez service guy "Brent, " who after working on it, and speaking with Hoshino on the phone, can't get it right either. *So I know I'm not imagining the problem.
He tells me he's sent it back to GC, who of course did not call me and insisted that it was not there.
4) Finally CG admits they have it and agrees on Brent's recommendation that they'll send it to Hoshino. *No call from CG after over a month, so I stop by ther tonight and pick it up.
5) I get home and the first thing I notice is the fixture the whammy bar pops into is loose as hades. *Ok, I can fix that, but later. *Then I try to tune it up. *The action is high and the intonation is poor. *Even worse, the whammy problem is much worse than it was when I last saw it (by now I'm fuming now...holding back 4-letter verbs).
I think I'll try to call Hoshino tomorrow to see if it was actually sent there. *There was no paperwork was included. *I'm sure part of the problem is GC's "fine" service. *I may just have to go back there and find a manager to verabally assault...tactfully of course.
Any suggestions? *Rich, you deal with Hoshino some, don't you? *Aside from this problem, it's really a fine instrument...sounds and plays great. *Would love to get this resolved. *Well, anyway, thanks for the oppportunity to vent.