Heartfield Talon - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Heartfield Talon

I've been offered to buy this guitar for 3500 NKR which is about 500 bux.

I've never tried one, and how are they?

I got some Dimarzio's I'll probably put in it.

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 10:08 AM

Re: Heartfield Talon

Apparently they are similar in quality to an RG550. They tend to go for less than $500, depending on the model, but yours might be a good price considering you are in Norway. They should be equipped with OFR as far as I know.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 09:49 PM

There are some with TRS style trems, watch out for those because you might as well have an RG2xx if it's going to have a TRS. It's Japanese so the neck is better than a 2xx but you want the ones with OFR's, or Schallers. I've had them and besides some design differences they are an Ibanez, and were meant to compete directly with the RG. They were made in the same factory as far as I can tell, although some may have come from a different Japanese factory.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 10:10 PM

I saw one in a store last month that still had that clear plastic film on the pickguard.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

the one i've been offered has a floyd, apparently
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:49 AM

Here's a site to check out- www.heartfieldcentral.com

It should help you figure out which model it is.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:01 AM

I had heard of these before, but never really looked at them closely or researched them before. They look like pretty decent guitars actually, decent trems quite alot of them have too. If people compare them to RG550 quality, they must be quite good.

Did they ever really take-off in the US then?
Because over here in the UK I dont think they did very well at all.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:23 AM

I don't think they did very well anywhere, Fender has dropped them pretty quickly. I researched them, since someone was selling one here really cheap, and I was pretty set to get it. I didn't buy it in the end (for financial and logistical reasons), but I kind of regret it now.

Last edited by pawel; 08-25-2005 at 10:37 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:29 AM
RCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
I had heard of these before, but never really looked at them closely or researched them before. They look like pretty decent guitars actually, decent trems quite alot of them have too. If people compare them to RG550 quality, they must be quite good.

Did they ever really take-off in the US then?
Because over here in the UK I dont think they did very well at all.
I had one and it was better than an RG550. From a cosmetic point of view it had cooler inlyas, and soundwise it came equipped with real Di Marzios.

Im an Ibanez fan as much as anyone here, but if you want to compare a heartfield, you should compare it to an RG750 at least.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
Im an Ibanez fan as much as anyone here, but if you want to compare a heartfield, you should compare it to an RG750 at least.
I just bought an RG760, and I can judge how good the Heartfield must have been now! They were pretty good guitars then really. Shame there isnt more of them around.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:51 AM
RCB

Yeah, they were pretty good guitars. I hated the colour on mine (similar to the JS2000 but in white) and thats one of the reason the led me to sell it to my best friend. He still has it, and I may buy it again sometime to do a custom project (now that Im more familiar with the idea of completely remake guitars )

I sold it about 5 years ago for U$S450 wich is a very low price for that kind of guitar in Argentina. But I guess he would sell it back to me for around the same or 100 bucks more. After all, we are still best friends!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 12:07 PM

they are killer guitars I think they have real floyd rose bridges the ony problem's I have ever seen with them or heard about is that the head stock breaks

Tags
floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , killer guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

fender blackie
fender wolfgang
fender dive
24fret Fender

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode