Heathers II...WHAA?????? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Heathers II...WHAA??????

WHAAAD he say??????
Another RG760HP?????????

No way!!!!

Yes way, thanks to my buddy Takin' a Ride for saving this nearly pristine body/electronics for me and the addition of my White 760 neck, and some correct hardware/pickups I had laying around...............

Viola!! I get Heather-II

Heather-I (soon to be departing for sunny Alaska!!!!!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 06:44 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Heathers II...WHAA??????

Wow, very nice!!! Man you have been getting some amazing guitars lately. Awesome deals nearby I take it? Congratulations!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Wow, very nice!!! Man you have been getting some amazing guitars lately. Awesome deals nearby I take it? Congratulations!
Thanks man.........I actually paid a fair penny for the body but it is in such great condition that it was worth every cent....probably more.

Every once in a while some killer deals show up on Craigslist, but for the most part it's Gio's and RG350's. I do live close to a fairly depressed (economically) town called Joliet. You may have heard of "Joliet" Jake??? This is where the prison that Elwood picked Jake up from in the beginning of the movie is located. Anyway, a lot of deals pop up in the local classifieds, but they're rarely guitars that any of us would like.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 07:43 PM

Well it looks fantastic. Great keeper for sure!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Again, thank you my friend. This one is a keeper for sure. It has to be....who the hell would buy a pink guitar anymore?? I think I'm the last guy around here that likes these things....LOL

Well, obviously you too.........I guess were just secure enough in our manhood to have pretty pink guitars........LOL
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:23 PM

Well, I don't own one, but I can appreciate it!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Again, thank you my friend. This one is a keeper for sure. It has to be....who the hell would buy a pink guitar anymore?? I think I'm the last guy around here that likes these things....LOL

Well, obviously you too.........I guess were just secure enough in our manhood to have pretty pink guitars........LOL
Ummmmmm--no you're not....lol!

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 PM

Beautiful Ryc! Is that the neck off the white RG760 I sold you? As I remember that way a hell of a nice neck.

I like to take care of my friends here on Jemsite I got this guitar on eBay and it turned out to be much nicer than I thought, so I called Ryc and told him that I had a body that he couldn't pass up. I've gotten a few really killer deals on 700 series RG's now.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Beautiful Ryc! Is that the neck off the white RG760 I sold you? As I remember that way a hell of a nice neck.

I like to take care of my friends here on Jemsite I got this guitar on eBay and it turned out to be much nicer than I thought, so I called Ryc and told him that I had a body that he couldn't pass up. I've gotten a few really killer deals on 700 series RG's now.
One and the same my friend!!!!

Dude, I can't thank you enough for this!!!! This is one of my grail guitars (as you've known) It seems such an odd selection to covet, but when I was 19......... I would dream about this guitar almost daily. I had a pink series 10 with an H-S-S setup that was crap, but it was all I could afford. My girlfriend at that time (later to be the mother of my sons) went out and bought a brand new 1990 RG770LB for me after someone had cracked the neck on the series 10. I fell in love with the 770, but the HP760 was secretly the one I always wanted.

Thanks for the help Bro!!!!!!!!

@ my Bat Bro!!!!!! I know, and no one better than you to send the first HP guitar to..........you'll bring her back to life the way I can't (finish work)
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 02:20 AM

Reviews: 11

She's even nicer than the original Heather!!!!

Wish I'd have done a better setup on that one.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 AM

Your not the only one, I love those heather guitars except my wife will NOT let me buy a pink guitar. I love em' Nice score!!!!!!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 AM

Congratz Ryc, she really is a beauty!! THAT colour is certainly one of the best Ibanez has ever produced, those were the days eh? Stunning guitar, would love to own one in that finish someday.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM

I like those too, but have mostly just seen them in pictures (one on eBay recently I think also), I could never tell if they were pink or a pink-orange color. Bet it's a great guitar though
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
She's even nicer than the original Heather!!!!

Wish I'd have done a better setup on that one.
Wait til you see her!! I know this is one you'll want for yourself!!! You can do the setup on her if you want. I did a decent one while putting her together, but she could use a neck shim and a little tweaking. You know how I like my setups. This neck is the first one I've had that feels identical to the Eagle. The 770 is close, but this one feels EXACTLY the same.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsnare View Post
I like those too, but have mostly just seen them in pictures (one on eBay recently I think also), I could never tell if they were pink or a pink-orange color. Bet it's a great guitar though
I found the first Heather on Craigslist. It's missing some paint and has a good few dents/chips, but the neck and hardware were extremely nice. I got it for $150 last year.

Tags
heather pearl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode