Hello here is my first Prestige RG - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By BigTim1973

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Hello here is my first Prestige RG

Hello all, I joined this forum yesterday because I am a proud new owner of a new Ibanez guitar. I will admit that I do not know anything about Ibanez guitars other than the floyd style locking tremelo and dimarzio pick ups. I have no knowledge of the company except it is based out of Japan. I do know however Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Larry Mitchell, Joe Satriani and several other very good guitarist play an Ibanez. After thinking about a locking tremelo for several months then spending time on this forum reading other members post and reviews, it helped make my decision.

I should have purchased a prestige years ago but I do all of my guitar shopping online and never visit any guitar shops anymore. There is a local music store here where I live but they are not a dealer for Ibanez. This is the first prestige guitar I have even laid my hands on. I was a little concerned with the overall feel of it not being able to see it in person. But that did not stop me from buying!! Other than the RG series, I have no idea what 652AHM stands for. Maybe some of you can answer that for me.

The finish is downright gorgeous. I love the blue green transparent color of the top. The wood grain looks very nice that way. The trim around the body, neck and headstock looks like it may be wood as I can see grain in it. This is the first guitar that I have had that does not have pick up rings as they are mounted into the body. I like it actually. This guitar is different than my other ones. I am used to neck through style bodies, rosewood or ebony fret boards, medium frets, a fixed bride, 24-3/4" scale length and 3 way switches. The pick up configuration with the 5 way switch is pretty darn sweet. I love the tone options on this guitar. The fit and finish is a step above the American models I own, which cost more too. I have found no flaws whatsoever in this new Ibanez of mine. There are a few on my other ones.

I am very happy so far with the purchase. The wizard neck is different than anything I was used to playing. Not a bad thing just different. It is playing better each time I pick it up or maybe, I am just getting used to it. I have had it for less than 2 weeks. I have played it every day so far and it has inspired me to do more practicing. Anyways I could go on and on a but this about sums it up for the most part.

I have owned one other Ibanez Japan model guitar. It was a 1979 ST300 or Studio 300. It was much like a gibson except for active or passive electronics. It was very nice too and I wish I never sold it. Anyways, I just thought I would share.

Thanks Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my1.jpg (84.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg my3.jpg (65.2 KB, 27 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 06:32 AM

Re: Hello here is my first Prestige RG

Very nice guitar
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

I see now I have posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry guys!!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 06:23 PM

nice... gotta love dual humbucker RGs and a maple fret board to boot
good choice
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 05:43 AM

You have an awesome guitar.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 07:50 PM

Nice guitar! I like the color.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode